Poll: Poll: Voting intention [November 2018]

Who would you vote for if a General Election was held today?

• Conservatives

Votes: 108 25.1%
  • Labour

Votes: 127 29.5%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • SNP

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • UKIP

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • Green Party

Votes: 26 6.0%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 31 7.2%

• Total voters
Mobster
Soldato
Saw this on another forum and figured we haven't had one of these for a while.

Who would you vote for if a GE was held today?

Options:
  • Conservatives
  • Labour
  • Liberal Democrats
  • SNP
  • UKIP
  • Green Party
  • Plaid Cymru
  • Other [please comment]
I would appreciate if a mod could convert this to a poll.

I would vote Labour.

Permabanned
Annoyingly my area has been Tory for seemingly decades but I will still vote for anyone but(except UlolKIP). Labour or Lib dems for me. Not a huge fan of Labour/Corbyn but they cant be worse than the Tories.

Caporegime
I like Lib Dems except for their Brexit policy, still I live in a strong labour area so my vote makes little difference other than helping them perhaps steadily increase their vote share/become more viable.

Last edited:
Soldato
Doesnt really matter, living in middle class retirement land its always a tory landside down here.

I protest vote for anyone who has better local policy but never gets anywhere.

Soldato
It's all so strange atm. Corbyn is like a throwback to the 80's. The fact of the matter is that New Labour did make a lot of changes, changed the nature of the country it could be said with their redistribution of the money and all the laws and plenty of other things.

https://politicalscrapbook.net/2017...thread-hits-back-at-ken-loach-and-paul-mason/

Apart from Brexit what are the big issues of the day for example.

Man of Honour
I have a really hard time working out my political leanings at the moment. I understand what my viewpoints on topics are, but none of the parties seem to really fit, and, worse still, all seem to have deal-breaking attributes that make voting at all a hard pill to swallow.

Soldato
Apart from Brexit what are the big issues of the day for example.

Austerity, NHS, Universal Credit, Schools. Mental Health. Care for the elderly. Yaknow. The kinda stuff the Tories steal from to give out tax cuts to middle earners. Then let the Daily Mail blame on immigrants.

Soldato
I'm fairly central politically with a bit of wiggle room to the left or right and absolutely no-one deserves my vote right now so my vote would be for whoever I think will wreck the country the least when in power, rather than voting for someone who I think matches my own political beliefs, which is a crap way to decide.

Man of Honour
I'd be hard pressed to vote for any of them, maybe Lib Dems but that is pretty much a wasted vote and there are a few areas I can't support them on. I hate the lack of a "this isn't working" option for our democracy - spoiled ballot doesn't really count unless like everyone in the country did it.

Absolutely couldn't vote for Labour with some of the current movers and shakers in the party - beyond Corbyn, etc. there are also some really nasty characters that have pushed their way up the ranks of late. If the Tories were to table halting Brexit I might have to vote for them through gritted teeth as I think even that would be less bad than Brexit.

Soldato
I'm fairly central politically with a bit of wiggle room to the left or right and absolutely no-one deserves my vote right now so my vote would be for whoever I think will wreck the country the least when in power, rather than voting for someone who I think matches my own political beliefs, which is a crap way to decide.

Same, but even that's hard to figure out right now.

All I will add, is while Corbyn persists with Dianne Abbot as shadow home secretary I cannot see him as a sane human being.

Soldato
I would vote Conservative but not because I'm happy with the leadership right now. Labour are a joke and as I have Jewish ancestry I find Corbyn's attitude and lack of leadership towards the anti semite issue in his party very unpalatable (more so then his pro Marxist views). Lib Dems don't normally field candidate's in my area even though down the road in Brentwood (home of TOWIE) their easily the 2nd largest party and they have had control of the council in the past.

TBH there is a huge democratic gulf between MP's and their constituents, I guess third always has been (especially in Labour area's) but it's taken Brexit to really highlight the difference.

Associate
Currently I wouldn't vote for any of them, I've lost all confidence in their abilities to run the country.

Perhaps if a party had intentions to remove a lot of the bureaucracy, processes, red tape and rules and regulations that cost the government and in turn the tax payer huge sums of money and look at spending the money on things that would improve the country.

Associate
I see a lot of people wanting to vote whoever topples brexit. Like it or not surely a government who goes against the wishes of a majority public vote will do whatever they want in power?

Soldato
I’d vote for whichever party said they’d cancel brexit even if that turned out to be the Tories and I always thought hell would freeze over before I ever considered voting for them.

Currently I wouldn't vote for any of them, I've lost all confidence in their abilities to run the country.

Perhaps if a party had intentions to remove a lot of the bureaucracy, processes, red tape and rules and regulations that cost the government and in turn the tax payer huge sums of money and look at spending the money on things that would improve the country.

I agree with both of these. Currently there is no one I can think of who is a leader. Neither of the major parties have a charismatic leader or believable. For those reasons I’d just vote for the party that came out and said Brexit is bad and we’re cancelling it or at the very least holding another referendum.

Man of Honour
I have a really hard time working out my political leanings at the moment. I understand what my viewpoints on topics are, but none of the parties seem to really fit, and, worse still, all seem to have deal-breaking attributes that make voting at all a hard pill to swallow.
I often find myself in the same conundrum so go green. Having one voice in parliament concerned about the environment can’t be a bad thing *shrug*

Otherwise, I vote tactically to stop whomever I don’t want to get in. Silly system!

Soldato
I haven't got a clue. If rumblings like Blair, David Miliband and others, along with existing moderate MPs from any other party coming together to conjure a new centrist party, offering a 2nd ref. and actually doing something in the national interest. Possibly that?

I'll continue dreaming on.

Caporegime
Lib Dems because they are the only party that have the sanity to admit Brexit is a complete **** up.

To be honest though, i do also agree with quite a bit of their policy generally. They seem to be fairly centrist/reasonable.

I can't get on board with Corbyn and the Tories have just gone to ****.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom