Poor BT Wifi signal, help needed please!

Soldato
Hi Guys

I friend of mine has a BT router in the kitchen downstairs but wants wifi signal in the front top room (other side of the house), her house is fair large and old, what's the best way to fix this for her I was thinking of a power line adapter from the router to the wall socket then a wifi signal booster in the upstairs bedroom?

Was thinking this might do the job? If it were my house I'd run a cable but looking for the simplest most effective solution

Thanks! HNY

Associate
I was a complete noob scared of attemting the wired route, I was also thinking what a big job it will be and also went down the wirless route for years.

Running cable is simple, drill 2 holes in the house wall run cable outside it took me a hour , the amount of time messing with wireless and the drop outs etc etc etc is just not worth it, some people are lucky it works first time for me i had nothing but trouble like others ,you can have the wires installed and no more problems trust me just do it.

Hardest part was fitting the ethernet end to the cable I can do it in minutes, the first one took 20 lol once you watch a few youtube vids it's easy can get the tool cheap, cable cheap, Connectors cheap.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I was a complete noob scared of attemting the wired route, I was also thinking what a big job it will be and also went down the wirless route for years.

Running cable is simple, drill 2 holes in the house wall run cable outside it took me a hour , the amount of time messing with wireless and the drop outs etc etc etc is just not worth it, some people are lucky it works first time for me i had nothing but trouble like others ,you can have the wires installed and no more problems trust me just do it.

Hardest part was fitting the ethernet end to the cable I can do it in minutes, the first one took 20 lol once you watch a few youtube vids it's easy can get the tool cheap, cable cheap, Connectors cheap.
It’s an old house as I said and I do t want to start drilling holes or running cables for her, just a simple WiFi connection is fine for her

Associate
Then buy the powerline Wi-Fi AP but don't complain if it doesn't perform that well. If it's an old house with spaghetti wiring over a long distance then you're going to have even more connection problems.

Soldato
OP
Then buy the powerline Wi-Fi AP but don't complain if it doesn't perform that well. If it's an old house with spaghetti wiring over a long distance then you're going to have even more connection problems.
Thanks, its just for added wifi signal at the front of the house, I won't be complaining as I'll outline the limitations when I set it up for her!

Soldato
For the price of those powerline adapters I think I’d go down the option of turning off WiFi on the router and add a budget mesh system, either something from Tenda or the BT whole home discs.

Back
Top Bottom