Poor CLS

Caporegime
I remember that one! Had never clocked it was one of your spots though. It truly was magnificent.

Actually, decided to have a quick search for all my wins over the years (been on there almost 8 years :eek:) and I even found a CLS which I guess is very relevant to this thread.

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=41433&p=1316030

JTkPjbT.jpg

I used to take shed spotting very seriously on there:

Runner up
Win
Runner up <--- still see this thing regularly, still the same but with added rot
Win
Runner up
Runner up
Win
Win
Runner up
Win & runner up(!)
Win & runner up(!) <---- seriously, look at this Daewoo :D
Win
Win
Win
Win

//I have no idea why I decided to link to all my wins here, guess it's half boredom and half rose tinted specs.

Soldato
Haha Barryboys love that forum hadn’t been on for years until a few weeks ago spent ages trawling through it.
Came across a thread on there about a guy call “Turbo Toaster” who modded a Lotus Elise couldn’t be bothered reading the hundred or so pages but I have seen him mentioned on here and PH so must be abit of a forum legend from what I’m guessing :D so far I’ve gathered he chavved/modded his Elise and somewhere along the way it went up in flames lol. Anyone care to fill me in with other info? Was he a former member on here was he?

Soldato
Haha Barryboys love that forum hadn’t been on for years until a few weeks ago spent ages trawling through it.
Came across a thread on there about a guy call “Turbo Toaster” who modded a Lotus Elise couldn’t be bothered reading the hundred or so pages but I have seen him mentioned on here and PH so must be abit of a forum legend from what I’m guessing :D so far I’ve gathered he chavved/modded his Elise and somewhere along the way it went up in flames lol. Anyone care to fill me in with other info? Was he a former member on here was he?

Yes he is. You can find his thread using the search function. He's under the same name iirc. I think he also wanted to get an rx7 to 200mph at one point.

Associate
I think it caught fire again a couple of months ago. I remember seeing a video with loads of hot oil pouring through the bulkhead.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes he is. You can find his thread using the search function. He's under the same name iirc. I think he also wanted to get an rx7 to 200mph at one point.
Is it true he tried to start a go fund me campaign to get the chargrilled Elise back on the road and then proceeded to get abuse for it? Lol

Associate
Is it true he tried to start a go fund me campaign to get the chargrilled Elise back on the road and then proceeded to get abuse for it? Lol
Have a read, just google his name. Somebody in a garage gave him a job and he acted like a nob and owed him lots of money for a RX7 if I remember correctly. He wanted the go fund me money to go to Australia to race in the Time Attack Championships..........Having never raced in the UK.

https://passionford.com/forum/general-non-car-related-discussion/412450-fao-turbotoaster.html

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=39244

Found it :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom