Poor fortnite performance

Soldato
So my son asked me to install this and have some games with him. They have a 6700,r9 290x and and it runs fine no issues at all. I have the rig in sig and I'm getting constant hitching and stutters and no matter what settings I use i can't seem to resolve it

Any help would be appreciated.

Soldato
OP
Should run fine on that rig! Anything running on your system at the same time?

Nothing noteworthy and I've tried disabling unnecessary stuff. It's literally only that game. Everything else runs butter smooth. I'm playing apex every day almost and no issues there at all.

This stutter thing happens even on minimum settings so can't figure out what's causing it.

Associate
Nothing noteworthy and I've tried disabling unnecessary stuff. It's literally only that game. Everything else runs butter smooth. I'm playing apex every day almost and no issues there at all.

This stutter thing happens even on minimum settings so can't figure out what's causing it.

When you say a 6700, do you mean a Q6700? Given that would be quite an old part, maybe you would have some problems, especially if it's running Windows 10. Can you provide some more details about the rig?
Based on some looking around a Q6700 and a R9 290x can manage 40-65 FPS in Fortnite on low settings. Although the 290x is still decent (around 1650 territory) I wouldn't be surprised if you're RAM or CPU bottlenecked. Am surprised it's having problems but not Apex, however.

Soldato
OP
When you say a 6700, do you mean a Q6700? Given that would be quite an old part, maybe you would have some problems, especially if it's running Windows 10. Can you provide some more details about the rig?
Based on some looking around a Q6700 and a R9 290x can manage 40-65 FPS in Fortnite on low settings. Although the 290x is still decent (around 1650 territory) I wouldn't be surprised if you're RAM or CPU bottlenecked. Am surprised it's having problems but not Apex, however.

No an i5 6700 that rig works fine

It's my 5820k rig with 1080ti that's having issues. The i5 rig and 290x plays flawlessly. My 5820k and 1080ti is a stutter fest and unplayable

Associate
No an i5 6700 that rig works fine

It's my 5820k rig with 1080ti that's having issues. The i5 rig and 290x plays flawlessly. My 5820k and 1080ti is a stutter fest and unplayable

I see. Yer no idea then. Defiantly should work.
Unless someone's had the same problem then you're unlikely to find a specific answer to this sort of thing.

Generally speaking, components don't soft fail in such a specific way. Reinstalling the game, then if that fails, Windows, is easier than trying to work out what the issue is.

Back
Top Bottom