• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poor SLi usage in Borderlands 2 ?

Soldato
Most of the time my usage is about 50-60% some times droping to 40 which makes for jerky gameplay :(

Every now and then its 80-99% which feels like silk.

Is there any way I can improve my sli usage currently running the rig in sig with a gtx 480 for physx.

Using the x79 PCI-E 3.0 hack.

Soldato
-Try without the 480. 670 sli has plenty of grunt for bl2 + physx surely?

Could be driver issues I guess.

You could try disabling sli and dedicating one 670 to physx.

Lots of hassle.. but worth a try.

Soldato
OP
Tried all of the suggested and they dont have enough grunt for the job avrages 59 fps with just sli but minimums of like 20

its running best with a 480 as physx but keep gettin poor sli uage which also results in frame drops.

Im also playing @ 2560x1440

I have tried many set ups whith the combo of 9800gt+ 480 670's+9800gt to see how well physx scales and so far this is the best combo.

The prooblem with disabling sli is 50% on both card is equal to 1 card so still not enough grunt to run smoothly.

both cards clocked to 1250 on the core aswell

Associate
either boarderlands 2 is the most demanding game / badly programmed game on the planet, stealing the crown off crysis. Or theres something not right.

Soldato
OP
Positive if i set it to cpu the frame rate wont go above 30 even with intels finest :(

I done a fresh format of windows in the week and updated my mobo bios to help with vdroop help makle things more stable.

Soldato
OP
306's I did try the 310 betas but they got me more fps but felt very jerks and not smooth at all

All runs where done in caustic caverns running around with explosive minigun and singularity grenades to test the diffrent set ups

Just reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Soldato
OP
Seriously? You have a better i7 better RAM and an SSD and stuff. And i get wayyy more fps on normal drivers.

@ What res ? as 2560x1440 is almost twice the pixels hence why i need twice the power.

On a better note a fresh instal off borderlands has helped a lot feels a lot smoother ill retest my benchmark in the morning and see how it goes :)

How could i recored a benchmark loop to show as an example and post on youtube ?

Last edited:
Associate
@ What res ? as 2560x1440 is almost twice the pixels hence why i need twice the power.

On a better note a fresh instal off borderlands has helped a lot feels a lot smoother ill retest my benchmark in the morning and see how it goes :)

How could i recored a benchmark loop to show as an example and post on youtube ?

1920 1080p - use fraps

Back
Top Bottom