Possible issues at work

Associate
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is just me or if maybe we're being taken for granted here!

This is my first "proper" job I've had, basically when I got the job I had go sign an agreement to state I'm willing to work more than 48 hours per week.

My contract doesn't state anything about overtime at all, I don't know if companies have to pay overtime?

I work 6 days a week And for the past 2 months have done roughly 235 hours, all of this is under basic pay, we don't get any time and a half or overtime.

I've also kind of been dragged into the supervisor position for one day a week where my supervisor is off, for which I get 45p an hour more, which to me doesn't seem worth it.

Is this normal for most people, just kind of feels like we are being used!

Associate
OP
They made it seem as if we didn't sign the agreement then we can't have the job, it's an awful job, it's a food production job, unfortunately I've been looking and can't seem to find much else at the moment!

Sorry don't think I made it clear, I have been paid for all the hours, just at the standard rate, what annoys me is that I worked 235 hours, had no time in the day to relax and wind down properly and yet my paycheck wasn't really that great.

Associate
OP
.....sooo you not worked more than 48 hours a week then? :confused:

That's not what I'm massively annoyed about, I just thought I would have gotten overtime or something for going over 42 hours a week, which is what my contracted hours are

Edit - I've been doing between 52 and 59 hour weeks

Back
Top Bottom