• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Possible RMA???

Associate
Hi All.

I need some help please, I have a Gigabyte RX470 4gb which I got in December. It has been working fine today while I was playing WOT, I then switched off my pc at teatime for abit and when I switched it back on my screen was set at 640x480 res, I tried to change it back to my normal setting's, but it would not let me. I then went through driver checks etc and nothing would work to fix it. Onboard graphics work fine so I ruled out motherboard issue?? I have just placed my old GTX 460 in and that is working fine. Am I right that it looks asif the RX 470 is *****d?? and it needs to be RMA'd

System spec is,

Win 7 pro fully updated on ssd + x2 more ssd's and x1 hd
Asus P8Z77-M mb
Intel i7 2700k @stock
16 gb ram
Corsair TX750W psu working fine

Associate
OP
There was nothing like that, I uninstall driver & software and then download latest ones/installed them and it was juct the same. res stuck at 680x480. so I switch to onboard graphics and pc work fine able to adjust res etc and the same with my old 460. I have since tried it in a mates pc and it was just the same, stuck at crappy res. so it's back in the box and is getting RMA'd tomorrow. But thanks for the reply.

Associate
I am leaning towards a drivers issue. i would try reinstalling first. Look in your device manager and see what name it comes under. Is it detected properly by your system? is there an exclamation mark against it?
You could try a restart in safe mode, a lot of issues can be solved better like that.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies,

I did uninstalled driver/software package and reinstalled with no change, and also in device manger it stated the this device (RX 470) was working ok. It just seems strange that there was no sign of any issues before this happened.

It's going in the post today and a replacement is been delivered tomorrow. Maybe this has been reported before, as the place I got it from offered a full refund or replacement straight away. I guess it was just one of them things.

Associate
OP
Did you try flashing the BIOS ?
Yes, I tried everthing that I could remember to do cmos the lot.
New card is coming tomorrow so I will see if I get the same with that one, then it would pin the fault to driver/software issue, but then as I have said, my friend tried it in his rig and it showed the same issue on his.
Faulty HDMI port maybe? I tested my cable and found no issue with that, so I just don't know.

Associate
OP
Quick update, replacement card has been delivered and when I placed it into my pc "BANG" the damn thing only went and worked straight away :) Full control on res etc.

Deffo looked asif the other card had gone faulty, as I used the same driver/software package that I had tried on the other card which didn't fix the issue.

Fast turnaround by the place I bought it from, and I guess all those Gigabyte RX 470 owners be aware of this.

Associate
Yes, I tried everthing that I could remember to do cmos the lot.

I meant the graphics card BIOS. Did you update that ?

If you didn't, it would have been interesting to see if it cured the problem (not that the video card BIOS would normally get corrupted).

Still, you're sorted now, which is the main thing.

Caporegime
Quick update, replacement card has been delivered and when I placed it into my pc "BANG" the damn thing only went and worked straight away :) Full control on res etc.

Deffo looked asif the other card had gone faulty, as I used the same driver/software package that I had tried on the other card which didn't fix the issue.

Fast turnaround by the place I bought it from, and I guess all those Gigabyte RX 470 owners be aware of this.

Good stuff! :)

Associate
OP
I meant the graphics card BIOS. Did you update that ?

If you didn't, it would have been interesting to see if it cured the problem (not that the video card BIOS would normally get corrupted).

Still, you're sorted now, which is the main thing.
^ Yes the bios was the lastest update available for that card. New card is working like a dream for now. (fingers x'd);)

Back
Top Bottom