POST Issue

Associate
Howdi,

Help my sanity and agree with me :)

Basically, my PC froze and I had to power down but it would not POST.

I checked components and noticed that the 8 Pin 12V connector had some discoloration (like burnt), which concerned me.

So I took all parts out reseated out of case and tried a re-encode to stress the system. Same happened it froze then would not POST.

I have checked PSU with a tester, checked memory with MEMTEST and various other tests. All beeps appear to be in order ie no memory, no video etc.

I am now thinking it is my Motherboard!

Tagan 700w PSU
Gigabyte 965P-DS4
Q6600
4gb DDR Corsair

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Saviola

Associate
OP
So...Are you getting a POST beep or not? :p

As you kinda of contradict yourself by saying beeps are in order....

Presumably you do not have a spare psu to try.

Yeah sorry bad explanation. When it does not POST I get no beeps. If I leave it for ages (maybe capacitors?) and try again I can get it to post and check without memory etc. But under lots of stress it will freeze and not POST again.

Better? :)

Not got another PSU here at the mo.

Caporegime
Yeah sorry bad explanation. When it does not POST I get no beeps. If I leave it for ages (maybe capacitors?) and try again I can get it to post and check without memory etc. But under lots of stress it will freeze and not POST again.

Better? :)

Not got another PSU here at the mo.

Sorry for the delay.

I had the same issue to be honest...Computer just stopped working one day.

Before then, it would turn on most times, then every 1/5 times for isntance it wouldn't post....Got to the stage where it wouldn't post at all apart from once in a blue moon.

Changed the board and everything worked fine.

It more than likely is the board, obviously it would be handy if you could check the cpu in another board somehow, however naturally this isn't always as easy for some people :p (Due to not having multiple systems for example)

Up to you really...You can either bite the bullet, try and get the same board, or find a b-grade one for instance..That's what I did, just switched the board out with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom