Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
"People keep buying expensive, terrible, boring cars, so we need something Boring too!"...is probably the contents of the meeting which decided it :(

The concepts looks like an Evora that's had to many pies.

Soldato
I have never, and will never understand the SUV 'revolution'. They all look basically the same (which is not a compliment), are pretty much always too expensive and offer little that a proper car doesn't while giving worse fuel efficiency in an environment of trying to be more 'green'.

They just make no sense to me.

Caporegime
I have never, and will never understand the SUV 'revolution'. They all look basically the same (which is not a compliment), are pretty much always too expensive and offer little that a proper car doesn't while giving worse fuel efficiency in an environment of trying to be more 'green'.

They just make no sense to me.

It's the feeling of lording it over everyone else, see the Chelsea Tractor phenomenon for example. The problem is that eventually everyone will be in an SUV, then what? Donks? Monster trucks?

Soldato
It's the feeling of lording it over everyone else, see the Chelsea Tractor phenomenon for example. The problem is that eventually everyone will be in an SUV, then what? Donks? Monster trucks?

See I can get that for a small minority of people who feel the need to do that, but they are way too common. Surely driving a Kia Sportage is really not to lord it over others?

Soldato
Aren't SUV's perceived as safer than ordinary cars, and so people get them when they have families?

I think that missconception is part of it. But a lot seem to end up on their roof in collisions, even low speed ones. Which is exactly the sort of crash you dont want.

Infact didnt Prince Phillip put a LR on its roof recently, in a side on impact? :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Only because they drive over little cars.

Safety is probably low down compared to ease of access, head room, storage space and general comfort of the more upright driving position.

They are popular for many reasons and an OEM would be crazy to ignore this market driven demand of new cars.

Soldato
I think that missconception is part of it. But a lot seem to end up on their roof in collisions, even low speed ones. Which is exactly the sort of crash you dont want.

Infact didnt Prince Phillip put a LR on its roof recently, in a side on impact? :p

To be fair, he got t-boned at speed, and survived with barely a scratch, it was a good advert for Freelander 2's.

Caporegime
Indeed. How nasher thinks it was on its roof I have no idea. I mean it’s not like he’s saying it tipped over onto its side, but upside down?

In any case I’d rather be tipped over by a car going under me than have a car T bone me in the rib cage.

Caporegime
Only because they drive over little cars.

Safety is probably low down compared to ease of access, head room, storage space and general comfort of the more upright driving position.

They are popular for many reasons and an OEM would be crazy to ignore this market driven demand of new cars.

Except they're still outsold by small hatches. How many small hatchbacks do Lotus make?

Back
Top Bottom