Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
Mrs didn't see me snap this when out walking earlier so I didn't have to explain...

doK5mmkl.jpg

Soldato
My dad learnt to drive in the split windscreen Minor. He picked up the car, was giving a quick tuition, and then drove straight to his test to get his license (or so the story goes!).

Apparently the strip down the middle is where the initial version was made too thin, so the split it into two and welded in a bit - and then it was kept. Again, not sure how true that is!

Reactions: Dup

Dup

Dup

Soldato
My dad learnt to drive in the split windscreen Minor. He picked up the car, was giving a quick tuition, and then drove straight to his test to get his license (or so the story goes!).

Apparently the strip down the middle is where the initial version was made too thin, so the split it into two and welded in a bit - and then it was kept. Again, not sure how true that is!
Apparently widened 4 inches according to the internet! Cars were built quite a bit differently. It's amazing how quickly tech has moved on.

Same with driving tests. I know of people who grew up on farms and were basically handed a licence way back in the day because they'd been known to be using the roads with tractors for a decade before their test :D

Caporegime
Apparently widened 4 inches according to the internet! Cars were built quite a bit differently. It's amazing how quickly tech has moved on.

Same with driving tests. I know of people who grew up on farms and were basically handed a licence way back in the day because they'd been known to be using the roads with tractors for a decade before their test :D

I had that benefit. Was driving a Land Rover in fields from around 12 and then tractors and stuff including on the road. By the time I got to 17, I only needed to learn the highway code and the rules of driving on the road which is why I had 4 lessons and then took my test and passed first time. I didnt need to learn about driving/reversing a car.

Caporegime
My great grandfather never took a driving test. He was issued a licence because he had been driving since before taking a test was a requirement!

And he continued driving until about 2000 I think. When he parked his blue Zastava Yugo up in the shed at the top of his driveway and left it there.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My great grandfather never took a driving test. He was issued a licence because he had been driving since before taking a test was a requirement!

And he continued driving until about 2000 I think. When he parked his blue Zastava Yugo up in the shed at the top of his driveway and left it there.

Lots of army people got licences without having to take a test

Underboss
Yeah, my old man learnt to drive in BAOR.

By learnt I mean that, he drove a drunk MT Sgt to a train station so he could go home on leave and was given his licence once they were at the station.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom