Post your dock, right now!

Commissario
We did this years ago, let's do it again, just because :)

Press shift-command 4 then tap the space bar.

Highlight your dock and click the mouse.

A screenshot will appear on your desktop. Upload it somewhere and post it (resize to reduce the width if needed).

I don't have anywhere near as many things open as I did back then, this is my MBA after being on for about a week.

CSLaUtz.png

Associate
iMac, I bought back in 2012, upgraded SSD and it runs really nicely! Dug it out from years of storage and still working great and such an iconic design.

Upgraded to Catalina and regretting - wish I had rolled back as it nobbled some of my beloved programs, Director MX, CS6 etc. I used to have an Adobe subscription but converted to Affinity.

434phh0.png

Soldato
How do you lot get so many apps in the dock, I’m sure some of my apps disappear when I add new ones to it. I have MacBook.
Also I have a thing about quitting apps all the time I see a lot of you keep stuff open, does that not effect performance?

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
I'm also surprised to see so many apps in the dock which aren't open. Do people use the dock as a launcher or just haven't bothered to remove default apps? I launch pretty much everything via spotlight (actually via Alfred but the effect is the same) and my dock directly after boot only has a few icons in it.

Also I have a thing about quitting apps all the time I see a lot of you keep stuff open, does that not effect performance?
If I open something, it stays open until I shut the computer down.

Here's the Studio dock.

fWNUxKF.png

Soldato
I'm also surprised to see so many apps in the dock which aren't open. Do people use the dock as a launcher or just haven't bothered to remove default apps? I launch pretty much everything via spotlight (actually via Alfred but the effect is the same) and my dock directly after boot only has a few icons in it.

If I open something, it stays open until I shut the computer down.

Here's the Studio dock.

fWNUxKF.png

So is it like on iPhone where the apps are open in background but don’t effect the performance, I wouldn’t keep quiting so many if that’s the case, only ones I leave open is mail and safari normally.

Man of Honour
I'm lazy/scatty. I open apps either by just clicking on the icon in the dock or via Alfred.

My work Mac has Teams, Outlook, and Slack all next to each other as I just click on them all when I turn it on. I guess I could automate that with Alfred, but read my first point again.

Soldato
How do you lot get so many apps in the dock...
Drag 'n' drop the app from Launchpad/App Directory to the dock.

Do people use the dock as a launcher...
Yup. Handy for the apps i use regularly, similar to having desktop app icons on Windows i guess. I just wished the dock supported separators and stacks/groups (similar to iOS homescreen folders/groups).

Soldato
We wouldn't know, you haven't posted your dock ;)
Here's a* dock (guess the MacOS version); a vertical one which will no doubt get some twitching -

3B898eT.png

* Would post 'main' dock but i'd have to shift a load of icons out of it (NDA/Work app stuff) and i'm currently too lazy for that.

I'm on windows...
SQEuA.gif

Last edited:
Caporegime
Personal MacBook (I disabled Cleanshot transparency for this one):

Clean-Shot-2023-06-17-at-12-30-47-2x.png
Does the Sonos app work for you with Apple Music? I just cannot get it to pull my library over. I can search Apple Music on it and play but none of my Apple Music playlists etc will show on any of my iOS devices.

Last edited:
Caporegime
A dock question, looking at my dock below, twitter is there in the recently opened apps, what is the stuff to the right and how do I stop it appearing. For example what's the use of the twitter and calendar or one note sitting in there when I can just use the access off the main part of the dock. Please help me get rid of this! :D It seems like duplication I don't need.

Screenshot-2023-09-26-at-13-49-39.png

Back
Top Bottom