Post your favorite 80's advert

Man of Honour
I can't find videos of my favourite ones:

John Cleese's Sony advert: "Who's a clever little Sony then?"
The proper Chewits advert: "Tastier than Barrow-in-Furness bus depot".

I think they might be 70s anyway..

One of my faves, the Maxell cassette advert: "Break the sound barrier" to the tune of "Night On The Bare Mountain" by Mussorgsky. Classic :)

Last edited:
Associate
Can't find a youtube link :(

But I always used to like the Condor cigar adverts. They usually involved someone lighting up a Condor cigar, and then someone disturbing the peace. The guy with cigar would then use some other form of 'technology' to remove the noise.

The 2 I remember the most was a man sat by a large lake, smoking his cigar when 2 people arrive and start messing about with a remote controlled boat. The guy with the cigar retaliates with a remote control submarine and torpedoes the boat.

The other one I remember, was again a guy in his back garden smoking his cigar, when he gets repeatedly buzzed by a remote control aircraft, after flicking the arm in his garden bench, his sun dial converts into a missle launch station and shoots the aircraft down :)

Will have a proper look later, but i'm at work at the moment

Soldato
My favorite advert ever is the "alas poor yorik" Carling Black Label one. I can't find it anywhere though :mad: There will be a small, imaginary prize for the first person to hook me up.

Back
Top Bottom