Post Your Garden!

Associate
wow! What a transformation, you must be delighted :) Thats a generous sized plot for a new build too, although its not the run-of-the mill new build I can see.

Soldato
You can see there's box and laurel planted in the key places which grows like crazy so should be ok.

I thought I'd done a big transformation! That's great!

Associate
lovely setup - whats the bbq setup? starting to look at doing something similar in our garden.

We had a custom built brick BBQ. We bought the grill/insert separately which is from BlackKnight and is a BKB801G model. A closer photo is below. We’ve got a Morso Forno outdoor wood oven on the left, large grill BBQ in the middle, and the two cupboards either side are hiding a drinks fridge and wood store.

MID-CONSTRUCTION

gLE6rUI.jpg

1MMD3eo.jpg

77BUyKK.jpg

Soldato
Guys, any idea what I should do with this hedge? Over time it's just become more transparent and I assume is dying? What should I try? I was going to pull it all out and stick a fence in, not sure, I just want privacy

ZASYZLZ.jpg

sPjPP8T.jpg

A bit late and the photos are rather distant but from what I can see you have a lot of dead in there which will need chopping out and grubbing up if theres no regrowth and replant with something else

Associate
i cant find any decent before pics, but its been a slow process clearing the area for various reasons, we found a trailer in the area you can see in the second pic few months before that pic was taken
we have only cleared the front of the house, still have the back to do but not allowed to yet

First pic is the oldest one i have from the other side, but its a good idea of what it looked like all around the house

qAVlKb1

sZySUFE.jpg

BgF8CYL.jpg

ngh5bmG.jpg

finally found the driveway and can see the house again

next month we plan to go inside the house and see if it can be recovered, so there is no plans right now on a finished garden, but the current plan is to create an eco home with natural garden, we want it to look like a farm home in the middle of a now housing estate, hoping to keep the driveway as its got a nice farm style entrance still, and i do want to remove the fencing on the left of the last pic, put it back to a hedge as that's along the main road, the fence at the end we have to leave, there was a shed over there last year, no idea when that vanished, my grandfather built the house back before all the housing estates were built around it, so we want to turn it back as close as poss to what it used to be when we lived there from the outside, ill update again when we clear the back in a few months when they let us

Don
Anyone’s grass deteriorated in the past few weeks due to the higher temps? Ours is littered in white/purple like clover which attracts all the bees which isn’t great with three kids running on it. Anything I can do? It looks horrendous

Back
Top Bottom