1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi' started by -AnthraX-, 25 Oct 2003.

1. ThereIs0nly0ne

Hitman

Thanks strocky. It's certainly stood the test of time and still sounds great. Flexibility and integration is what made me so attracted to it - it does music and movies equally well.

2. strocky

Gangster

Cheers, ARC definetly helps when you've got a pig of a room, even my mate who has Linn separates was impressed :D

3. OCdude

Mobster

Awful pictures, but anyways - getting my kit setup in my new (bigger!) home! :D

Got the rears and sides up, really happy with the neat cabling job, just a pity the bigger room makes my 60" look smaller lol :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. strocky

Gangster

^^^
    What speakers are those?

And what model of SVS sub do you have?

5. JonnyGLC

Mobster

I can't get along with those subs, i don't care how good they sound they look so out of place!

6. Somnambulist

Capodecina

What model are those surrounds? I'm looking for di/bi/tri/omni sides and bar the MA BXFX and RXFX there's not much choice in the UK when it comes to affordable (for me) speakers.

Also SVS sub = winrar.

7. joesmith

Gangster

So, you can afford a massive TV and awesome surround sound setup, but you can't afford a lamp shade? :p :D

8. Nick1881

Sgarrista

I have some MA BRFX for sale on AVF, much cheaper than buying RXFX and they sound good. Only changed as I wanted matching KEF all round.

9. OCdude

Mobster

Pah, just moved in - lampshades are waaaaay down my list ;)

As for the surrounds, they're Monitor Audio GSFXs, sub is the SVS PC-Ultra :D

Haven't got my GS-60s out yet, as i don't want them trashed :p

10. Somnambulist

Capodecina

Ha, cassssshhhh. Going to put any room treatment in there or WAF to consider?

I have no idea what my HT set up will be like - I have a dedicated two-channel set up that I'm keeping entirely separate - so starting from scratch. I'd love to do a DIY cylinder sub but truthfully I'll probably get either an SVS or BK. Rears... as said, room layout probably warrants two side speakers like the MA's that can produce direct and diffuse surround around/behind me, then I want a matched front three for the stereo pair and centre as I dislike centre speakers (form by necessity over function) and had my TV unit built to accomodate a traditional bookshelf/standmount in the middle under the screen... although it ill have to be angled up slightly but that's less of a compromise than a typical centre speaker anyway. Too much choice though! :(

11. OCdude

Mobster

Not decided on the décor yet. I'd looooooooove to get a nice star ceiling done (either painted, or fibre optic) but that's a bit optimistic i think :p

12. shr3k_uk

Gangster

Today bought B&W dm601 S2. Top speakers.
    [​IMG]

13. 413x

Capodecina

Some of this kit in here has me green with envy

New fronts

[​IMG]

14. Yaayuh!

Capodecina

Stargate!!

15. 413x

Capodecina

Yes, recently bought the 10 season + films boxset! :p

16. [TFU] Thegoon84

Soldato

Stargate… Good man!!!

I religiously have been re-watching this entire series for the past few years…. Watch 2 eps every Saturday night after a good session on the PC and a few beers!

17. dogstroker

Gangster

how about glow-in the -dark paint+stencils and add a couple of uv lamps ;) oooh stary!

18. OCdude

Mobster

Hah, you joke, but you can actually get some good results like that! Although artistic talent is required - therefore I'm steering well clear :p

19. Cyclone

Mobster

That looks nice al4x !

20. 413x

Capodecina

Me and the gf are watching it through, I never saw all the series before, think it went to sky 1
    Haven't seen much of the ori stuff, up to season 7, never had 5.1 before and it makes such a difference

Next is farscape.. On blu ray