Post your speed test

Associate
I get VDSL next week and cannot wait!! Been stuck at these speeds for the last 5 years!

3796914070.png

Associate
Increased Tx Power +1dB... Result.
Before:

3822697180.png

After:

3824216072.png

download was pushing limits @6DB so loosing a little to bump up my upload that has a lot more potential and maybe better line stabilty :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
How do you get Option 4? or Option 3 for that matter, and do you know what the prices are?

Can't seem to find much information about it on the net :(

Oh and what are the speeds? Does the upload get any higher?

You need to have Fibre to the Home (FTTH) - sometimes called Fibre to the Premises (FTTP). Most Fibre is to the Cabinet (FTTC) and then the remaining distance goes over your old copper phone line.

FTTH isn't available in most areas - my house is on a new development which is all FTTH but also has copper phone lines for some reason. Once you get FTTH your phone service also works over the fibre so the copper is redundant.

Option 3 - 200/20 - £37
Option 4 - 300/20 - £50

Associate
You need to have Fibre to the Home (FTTH) - sometimes called Fibre to the Premises (FTTP). Most Fibre is to the Cabinet (FTTC) and then the remaining distance goes over your old copper phone line.

FTTH isn't available in most areas - my house is on a new development which is all FTTH but also has copper phone lines for some reason. Once you get FTTH your phone service also works over the fibre so the copper is redundant.

Option 3 - 200/20 - £37
Option 4 - 300/20 - £50

I have FTTP but my phone is still on copper, i did not think voice works over fibre just yet and copper was still required for calls? Had a feeling BT were looking at doing phone services over fibre next year

Got that all wrong and it is available, wondering now why i was not offered it

Last edited:
Soldato
After being stuck on 4Mbit for a year and 8Mbit for a year before that the entry level broadband from Virgin is quite an upgrade.

Upload is only a threefold increase but the download is an order of magnitude higher, and then some. Like going from 56k to 512k ADSL back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom