Postage prices to Europe sky rocketed?

Soldato
They already are, and I would expect more like this

There has been a massive issue over the least couple of years due to unlimited plans being available in the UK far cheaper than overseas and people buying them and just going back overseas permanently. It's a massive loss maker, especially with 5G rollout you can effectively go and live abroad and run your whole houses data off a UK 5G SIM. It does not affect 99.9% of people who use their plans normally.

Expect them all to follow suit.

Last edited:
Soldato
There has been a massive issue over the least couple of years due to unlimited plans being available in the UK far cheaper than overseas and people buying them and just going back overseas permanently. It's a massive loss maker, especially with 5G rollout you can effectively go and live abroad and run your whole houses data off a UK 5G SIM. It does not affect 99.9% of people who use their plans normally.

Expect them all to follow suit.

From my experience, mobile data outside the UK is that slow it's silly to use it long term compared to getting a local sim.

Associate
Used to buy Three 'Feel At Home', the odd day when driving London to east Germany but got quite expensive (£3/4 per day if I remember) but they started to cover them all one by one. Slow as **** though, throttled to hell. In fact we had better speed on the ferry home (middle of the sea).

I'm now on Vodafone, although don't plan on stepping out of the country until things calm down, probably 2022.

Soldato
Voda to overseas Voda is full speed.

Same with Three in the UK and Three in Austria. I actually got better speeds and call quality in Austria than the UK. But not everyone is on the same network when moving between countries.

I don't have any of the big mobile phone providers where I live so I have a sim only local contract and keep the Three sim as secondary.

Back
Top Bottom