Postage to Brazil, Help!

Associate
Hi all,

I am planning on sending a package to Brazil the contents are worth £600 so will need to be insured for this.

The package is a gift and so will be declared as this. Am i correct in thinking this will mean i do not have to pay custom fees?

The guy i'm sending it to said also said i should insure the item as 600 but try and put the value as only £60 as this will aviod customs.

Can anyone recommend a service to use? I am thinking of using UPS.

Cheers!

Edd

Soldato
eddie500 said:
Hi all,

I am planning on sending a package to Brazil the contents are worth £600 so will need to be insured for this.

The package is a gift and so will be declared as this. Am i correct in thinking this will mean i do not have to pay custom fees?

The guy i'm sending it to said also said i should insure the item as 600 but try and put the value as only £60 as this will aviod customs.

Can anyone recommend a service to use? I am thinking of using UPS.

Cheers!

Edd

Waits for 'Ebay scam' thread. ;)

Commissario
But is the feedback for the buyer at the same address as the registered payment address (IE does it match his bank/card/paypal details).

With regards to customs, if you declare the value correctly it's entirely up to the customs of the country they are being sent to, as to wether they are accepted as a gift and no fees or not.

Back
Top Bottom