Potential Playstation3 500gb fault.

Associate
Hi guys.

I was forced to buy a new Playstation 3 back in January so I went for the new 500gb version.. I have completed the last of us twice on this machine and cannot recall having any issues during gameplay - However, during cut-scenes the footage would lag really badly 40% of the time (roughly), also I had some slight issues with audio loss! The cut-scene lag tends to happen after the game has been running for a long period of time, I find that when I first loaded the game I wasn't having a problem.

Next would be Fifa, this game is a nightmare and has crashed loads of times while playing my career mode, a lot of the time this would happen at the start of the second half! and then last night, Ducktailes crashed just after I killed the second boss.

I am not sure exactly what the issue could be? I have looked into it and The Last of us video lag seems to be fairly common - Fifa I know can be unstable as hell because EA suck and then ducktails....could go down as your standard random crash. All I know is that these issues were far less common on my old 60gb PS3.
Potentially I could have a heating issue, laser issue or even a HDD issue - I have spoken to Game where I still have my 12 month warranty and they can swap the console if they see the fault, only problem with this is that I cannot say when its going to happen, its a very intermittent fault.

Any thoughts or advise would be appreciated - I am just having a little panic because I dont want these issues while im playing GTAV.

Back
Top Bottom