Pothole Damage

Soldato
OP
Just agreed a settlement of £2,750 with Admiral. They really wouldn't go any higher than that. Unfortunately going above £2.5k means the salvage value goes from 9% to 13%, which is now £357.50. So overall, after my excess of £350 has been deducted, I have £2,042.50 plus my car back. Not such a bad result.

The claim with the council is still ongoing, but is likely to take at least 2 months. I'll post an update once I know anything.

Soldato
OP
Daft question, there's a good chance that you might end up better off because of this - allowing a grand to fix the car, you're a grand better off - this will probably cover the increase in premiums for the next few years. What amount are you asking the council to pay?

I'll be claiming for all costs incurred by my insurance company, i.e. £2,400 (payout less my excess) plus any charges for the garage to give an estimate and store the car etc, and my £350 excess.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;23534364 said:
I'm not sure they can remove the Cat C marker if you repay them the cost of the claim though? Obviously you'll get your NCB back.

I'm not sure about this either. I don't think it effects the cost of insurance and I'm likely to keep the car for quite a while longer so it won't make much difference to me.

Soldato
OP
I had the car delivered back about a week ago, but the battery was dead. I've charged it up and the car stars fine and everything still works, but the emissions warning light is showing and I also noticed the exhaust smelled a lot more than usual. Is this likely to be because the car has been stood for almost a month without being run?

The car's due to be MOT'd once I've had the airbags replaced, so does anyone know whether the emissions warning light will be an MOT failure? If so, should I just leave the car running to try to get rid of it?

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;23594558 said:
Best thing to do is to get the fault codes on the car read because it will have logged a code to have triggered the light.

What's the best programme to use for this? Obviously I can't move the car, so is there a specific laptop cable I should look at buying to read the code myself?

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;23594666 said:
Carsoft or INPA - loads of cables etc on Ebay that will work with the E46. No need to spend big money either :)

Brilliant, thanks. I'll probably buy this, though I've seen some people saying that they don't work with a USB adaptor. Are you using this version with a USB adaptor Fox?

Back
Top Bottom