Power Bank advice please

NVP

NVP

Soldato
*Rookie question warning*

I'm after a power bank for my vape, they sell an official one for £25:

It is 5000mAh. On Amazon there are loads with larger capacity for cheaper, and some have 20W PD which would be useful for my phone too. However, I am concerned they may negatively impact battery life.

I'm struggling to find details on the battery, but the vape is a Zeus Arc GTS, it has a 3500mAh capacity and a micro USB charge port. I currently charge it using a USB A 5V/2.4A charger port, this works fine.

Would I be fine just buying any power bank, or do I need to consider specific specs etc? Should I just get their official one?

Commissario
Any power bank should be fine tbh, the vape should limit the rate at which it charges to what it can safely cope with the same way it does when you plug it into a wall charger.

Personally something like an Anker power bank should be fine (10,000ma for £18 at the moment).

Reactions: NVP

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Thanks Werewolf, that makes sense :)

I just had concerns as my older vape pens eventually lose charge etc, and this one was over 2 bills so wanted to avoid the same fate :) Cheers

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Thanks, will do.

Am I right in thinking a 10,000mAh power bank will be able to charge my vape (3,500) and phone (4,300) fully, once each? Or is it not such a direct correlation?

Soldato
Thanks, will do.

Am I right in thinking a 10,000mAh power bank will be able to charge my vape (3,500) and phone (4,300) fully, once each? Or is it not such a direct correlation?
Roughly right but I wouldn't overindex on it - just broad man maths. They weigh quite a bit as you go into the higher ranges so don't expect to carry it in your pocket.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
OK, don't shout at me, but I have another Q...

There is only one output on this Anker model I'm looking at, but it utilises:

"Anker's exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology combine to detect and deliver a tailored charge up to 12W, while the trickle-charging mode is the best way to charge low-power devices."

Is that trustworthy to provide the correct output all the time, or should I look for one which has two separate outputs (like my car charger)? Am I overthinking this? Do I have a problem? I think I need to lie down...

Soldato
OK, don't shout at me, but I have another Q...

There is only one output on this Anker model I'm looking at, but it utilises:

"Anker's exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology combine to detect and deliver a tailored charge up to 12W, while the trickle-charging mode is the best way to charge low-power devices."

Is that trustworthy to provide the correct output all the time, or should I look for one which has two separate outputs (like my car charger)? Am I overthinking this? Do I have a problem? I think I need to lie down...
In the old world of electrics it was almost like the power was forced down the cable. These modern devices communicate and hand shake the right amount - hence mentions of PowerIQ/ PPS/ PD etc...

For an e-cig, it'll suck what it can, and the device will provide up to 5v 2.4amp or something.

Soldato
10k mAh and will do 22.5W Quick charge :) you get 3 free cables with it too (iPhone, USB C and Micro USB)

Last edited:
Soldato
I recently bought a 25,000mAh powerbank made by INIU purely because of the 65w output and it charges my phone less times than my older 21,000mAh powerbank. :(

Soldato
It's because the power is moving quicker which uses energy
I'd normally agree, but I get the same results using the USB A ports which charge at the same rate as my old powerbank. I know it's charging at the same rate as I use USB cables which have a display built in that show you the current going through them.

Soldato
It’s the same end result, so shouldn’t affect number of charges.
In reality it’s because manufacturers of these cheap power banks fudge the numbers to an insane degree.
I wouldn't mind, but at ~£45 it wasn't cheap in my opinion. I thought I'd be able to expect a decent powerbank at that price - apparently not.

Back
Top Bottom