Power BI users? Help.

Associate
Ok, so I've managed to show 3 different graphs but wonder if it's possible to have all 3 graphs in one...

I'm jotting down the temperatures across 3 rooms, 3 times a day. Let's say morning, noon and evening. Now in Power BI, I can show the day on the X-axis and one of the rooms on the Y-axis. I've created a splitter so select the month and then the day and even the time slot for that day. The 3 rooms, let's say living room, kitchen, garage.

At the moment I had to create 3 different graphs to represent the rooms but want to show all 3 graphs in one to make it easier. So they can select the month/day, and the time slot followed by the room choice. Can anyone help out with this?

The data from excel has the following columns: date, time (shown as the morning, afternoon, and evening), room 1, room 2, and room 3, the room values are just temperature numbers.

Last edited:
Associate
Depends what kind of chart your using and whether "room no" is a distinct dimension. If its a seperate dimension just add the "room" field dto your legend of your chart. If its a sperate measure or expression then just add all 3 expressions to the value section of your chart.

Associate
OP
I've been using the line chart. 2nd row 1st one on the left... though my initial reformatted data is structured like this. Using temp as an example:

Date, Room 1 09:00, Room 2 09:00, Room 3 09:00, Room 1 13:00, Room 2 13:00, Room 3 13:00, Room 1 17:00, Room 2 17:00, Room 3 17:00

Where other than the date, the rooms will show the temperature for each room at that particular time.

What I found now is that all rooms will show fine on one chart. I find it hard trying to display via a splicer either the time slots for the day and/or the room selected.

Back
Top Bottom