Power Cuts out playing games

Associate
When the game I play first starts up it's fine but it seem like when the system needs more power my system power gets cut off. Watching videos on youtube and browsing the internet etc is fine. I am currently making this thread on my PC but if I was to start up a game like warframe planetside 2 or path of exile which are the games i have tested so far, power gets cut.

Also in order to start up my PC in the first place I can't just hit the power button on the case. I have to repeatedly push the power cord into the PSU at angle to sort of get the power to bridge from the power cord to the PSU. I have tried to disconnect the case and bridge the power pins on motherboard with a screwdriver but nothing. CPU temps are fine at about 40c at the time when power gets cut off and my FPS is the same as this morning when i was last playing one of my games. I would also like to point out that these problems didn't start happening until we got a power cut where I live a while ago, that's when I was having issues starting up the PC. I don't know what to do, any one have any ideas?

Specs
2500k 4.0GHz
680GTX Stock
16gb vengeance ram
MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard
Corsair AX850w PSU

Soldato
I have my Psu plugged into Masterplug Surge Protection Perform Extension Tower and have experienced several power cuts over the last couple of years. But have never had a problem with the Psu or the system.
If you have a voltage meter you could test the Psu. Or if not, download and install HWMonitor, then check your 3v, 5v and 12v readings and see if they are the same as the units specs.

Soldato
Power surges took out a couple of motherboards of mine. Didn't completely kill them, usually something failed like the agp/pci slors, or they became flaky.

Associate
OP
So i tired a different kettle lead and it worked for a while still had to wiggle it about a bit to get the power to go through but I could play my games for hours and no problem but now I am getting the same problem with the power cutting out and now I am having issues even getting to start up in the first place, think the 3 huge pins at the back of the PSU might have been damaged somehow?

Back
Top Bottom