Power Good 0ms Problem?

Associate
Hi have bought a couple of PSU's recently and the PG have been beeping at 0ms.

Cooler Master MWE 450 Bronze 230V V2 and an Corsair CX550F RGB.

This site:
https://www.lifewire.com/test-a-power-supply-using-a-power-supply-tester-2626160 states:

"or the PG Delay value isn't 100–500 ms, replace the power supply."

I tried the tester on an old Antec tru power 380w and the PG was 300ms. Also tried on another Local supplier uk com0any 850w Black PSU and got around 180ms so the tester is OK. Previously tested it on my Phanteks (Seasonic) again all OK.

I've returned so either I am unlucky or new 'value' psu's don't have the PG any more. I didn't want to risk in a system. Has any one else had this?

Last edited:
Soldato
Cant say Im surprised about the CM MWE. It's low end & probably best used in a office/internet use PC. I'd expect more from a Corsair PSU but its not one of their better models. If the tester reports a problem then its doing its job.

New 'value' PSU's I wouldn't trust unless there's a ton of good online reviews for them. I'd judge a PSU on the length of warranty too, as a longer warranty (IMO) is a sign that a manufacturer has a put a bit more care into the making of said PSU, along with better quality parts.

Associate
OP
Cant say Im surprised about the CM MWE. It's low end & probably best used in a office/internet use PC. I'd expect more from a Corsair PSU but its not one of their better models. If the tester reports a problem then its doing its job.

New 'value' PSU's I wouldn't trust unless there's a ton of good online reviews for them. I'd judge a PSU on the length of warranty too, as a longer warranty (IMO) is a sign that a manufacturer has a put a bit more care into the making of said PSU, along with better quality parts.

Does seem strange, the coolermaster is a bronze with a 5 year warranty.

Soldato
ignore it. It's rooted back in the old IMB days when a delay was critical in order for a PC to boot. Although it's still part of the ATX specs, a delay isnt required. 0ms delay isnt any indicator that anything is wrong with the PSU :)

Back
Top Bottom