Power Supply CPU Connector

Associate
Hi, putting a PC together and need a bit of info please.

The motherboard is an Asus B150 Pro Gaming Aura and has an 8 pin power socket at the top left of the board.

The power supply is an EVGA 750 GQ. The only non-modular thing on it is the 24 pin motherboard power connector. There are a couple of 2x4 pin leads with CPU labelled on them. Do these go into the extra power slot top left? I've heard you only need to put something in that slot if you are going to be heavily overclocking or something.

Thanks for any advice.

Associate
OP
Could I ask one more thing please, the three RGB fans at the front of the case (Corsair Carbide SPEC Delta) go into a 4 pin splitter that plugs into a 12v RGB socket on the motherboard. This board doesn't seem to have one of those. There are three normal fan leads as well, plugging these into normal fan headers spins the fans but no nice red lights. Surely there must be a way to get the fan lights to work?

Associate
Could I ask one more thing please, the three RGB fans at the front of the case (Corsair Carbide SPEC Delta) go into a 4 pin splitter that plugs into a 12v RGB socket on the motherboard. This board doesn't seem to have one of those. There are three normal fan leads as well, plugging these into normal fan headers spins the fans but no nice red lights. Surely there must be a way to get the fan lights to work?
If your motherboard doesn't have any RGB headers, then you'll probably need an RGB controller. I've zero experience with using these though.

Associate
My Enthoo Primo just needs a SATA connector to allow the fan's led to work. It's a solid blue. I think, unless they're RGB fans, they only need power to work, which as you mentioned, are separated from the power to run them. And the case must have some kind of controller, as on and off or in-between for the light. My previous phanteks case didn't required the included fans to be connected to the motherboard or controller, as simply connecting the power to the case, the case would provide power, and been able to control light intensity and fan speed.

Associate
OP
Yes that one. Was actually a lot cheaper at OCUK than anywhere else too.

Edit. it's actually gone up, it was £22.99 when we bought it.

Back
Top Bottom