PowerBI custom dashboard

Caporegime
Hi all

I need to create a custom PowerBI dashboard that replicates something I've already created (and had signed off by top brass) in Excel.

I've told them I can save developer money and do it myself, which I'm starting to regret as everything seems a lot harder to sort and layout vs. Excel.

The main issue I have is that each cell of the dashboard is a specific value or metric from any given table of which there are dozens.

For example the first cell might be in month sales then the cell below might be 12-month contract pipeline.

Are there any good resources that I can use to figure out how to do this? Would I be best setting out multiple individual tables or a single matrix with DAX, custom measures, and combined queries?

Many thanks.

(I just realised how old this post is)

One of the most time-consuming projects I worked on sounds very similar. Fortunately, it was a one-time setup and really fun to watch during a data refresh. It consisted of a column of Text boxes describing the cells, a row of text boxes as well for the names of the [people]. Then 80 individual tables that were filtered as needed. Each table displayed a value and a percentage, then the rows/headers etc. were all cleared, and each one was carefully sized so there were no scroll bars. Once I had the pattern I could resize them using the properties then align as needed.

I also learned how to use the View > Selection > Layer order to ensure everything was overlapping properly.

The initial setup took many hours, but the end product was fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom