Powerbook G4..black screen of death?

Caporegime
Just returned off hols to a kernel panic error message, and I can't get anything out of it. Its the other halfs, and was given to her by a friend, so we have no o/s disk or anything. I know its old and crap, but does her for browsing and such. Is the only way to rescue it with a reinstall?

Associate
Mine had a similar issue. I eventually worked out that it was absolutely fine if I disabled wifi - apparently it's happened to other people too. Try disabling it and see if that helps.

I solved it properly by taking out the Airport card (easily accessible via the battery bay on my 12" 1.33GHz G4), blowing on the card and the connector old-Nintendo-console style, and that appeared to magically fix it. :)

Caporegime
OP
Mine had a similar issue. I eventually worked out that it was absolutely fine if I disabled wifi - apparently it's happened to other people too. Try disabling it and see if that helps.

I solved it properly by taking out the Airport card (easily accessible via the battery bay on my 12" 1.33GHz G4), blowing on the card and the connector old-Nintendo-console style, and that appeared to magically fix it. :)

How do I go about doing that? Is there a rescue console? I know nothing about macs.

Back
Top Bottom