• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Powercolor 6900XT no box?

Soldato
I just received a 6900XT from another shop, i got lucky seeing one in stock when I got home from work. Anyway it’s just in a anti static bag with no box or labels or anything. For a £1100 graphics card that seems a bit of a joke, or is it because it’s a reference design direct from AMD?

Soldato
OP
Was it a****n it came from? They do sell returned stock as new for some reason.

Na it wasnt from them, its a shop above Manchester but not as far as preston.

You're not the only one. What's worse is I ordered a Red Devil which was an extra £100 from the MBA, and still received the same non packaged crap as what you described.

Edit: to be clear I received an MBA card not a red devil which i paid for

wow so you got the cheaper card AND not in packaging? Thats even worse! I wonder if it was the same shop...

Soldato
OP
What about warranty? I bet you lose rights if it’s out of a pre built system...

This is another thing im worried about. It has no mention of Powercolor on the card either. This is obvously a OEM card meant for prebuilds but since the listing says "brownbox" (i didn't think it did when i ordered and its not on my invoice) i guess i will just stick with it. If i had used credit card or debit i would have asked for a refund, but having used bitcoin im probably going to lose too much in fee's to make it worthwhile

Back
Top Bottom