Powered desktop speakers with connections on right speaker

Associate
I am needing a pair of speakers as above but needing all the gubbins on the right speaker and not the left. I can only see sets like the Audioengine A2+ which look super but they are all on the left speaker and would need 2 connections- USB + RCA or minijack or optical/coax so I can use 2 different sources at different times

Any ideas guys? Size up to the A2+ nothing much larger

Associate
OP
Looking at the product installation document on the Stelijes website to connect the power cable to the left speaker but the picture also shows only left speaker out and left speaker in so I have emailed them for definate answer as these could be the boys for the job if so

Associate
OP
Just had a reply and I quote
"Unfortunately we cannot say which side it is on as this depends on where you install it. The speaker with the connections on the back is the active speaker whereas the other is the passive, hope this helps"
Err, not really :D:D

Associate
OP
Marman- I see it as that as well but on the products installation doc, it states to plug the power cable into the left speaker even though the picture agrees with what u said- weel see what happens with it when they arrive next week

Associate
OP
Looks like the online shop I purchased them from is a scam as I have not recevied speakers, they have taken my payment and will not respond to emails. Good job I used paypal so I can get my money back

Associate
OP
now needing to connect both a PC and Xbox one to a set of speakers- like the look of the Mackie CR3 but they only have rca and bluetooth- any ideas of how I could get the Xbox to work as it has only optical or hdmi out

N.B would I be right in thinking that if I connected PC, mac mini & Xbox One into say a Dac Magic, then single output to speakers, I could choose the source that would play? I hope so as I just picked up a Dacmagic with 2 digital inputs, 1 usb for a good price.
Will think I will try the Mackie speakers now

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Marsman- I was aware of the RCA situation but now due to a massive reduction in footprint size, I have had to scale this back to the Logitech Z207 which have Blutooth and a 3.5mm input- I was intending on the Mackie's as they look perfect for what I was looking for but The Boss has put the kybosh on them as they are not "computer speakers" although I have managed to sneak the DacMagic to keep the connections on show to a minimum

Back
Top Bottom