Powerline connection issue

Associate
Hi all,

I have had a on going problem with my TP-Link AV500 (Model - TL-PA451) powerline for a while now but never done anything about it and just lived with it.

Thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has had the problem and knows a fix. Basically, they just drop connection intermittently and take about 30-45 seconds to re-establish a connection if I leave them alone. Or if I just switch one of then on/off the connection comes back straight away.

Now here's the strange thing. I've gone through 3 house moves since having these and the issue has continued in each house, also the house I'm in currently has recently been fully rewired with new board ect. The other thing is they only seem the drop connection when browsing the web or not really sending/receiving much data , ie they never drop connection when I'm gaming or downloading ect.

Anyone had the same or know a fix?

Soldato
I have the same issue with some Netgear EOP's they worked great for weeks and now I have to power them off and back on every time I need the connection otherwise the connection is incredibly slow or none at all very annoying as we use them everyday, no idea what causes it

Edit - Mine are straight in the wall both locations, great speeds when they have been restarted until the issue returns the next day

Associate
I have the D-link AV2 1000. It doesn't drop out completely but the connection falls off significantly enough to turn red (under 100mbs). Since it is only servicing a 40mb FTTC line I don't notice it even if gaming. We also have two Zyxel 1000mb Powerlines that my wife uses for her homework VOIP phone. They are rock solid compared to the D-link never dropping below 600mps, the Zyxel were originally mine but we swapped as she is a call centre worker and the phone would drop out.

Don't think I would bother with the D-links again.

Associate
I had the same issue with my Zyxel (think 402/5 off the top of my head) both pass through ones. Started with the one upstairs where it would randomly start making a coil wine noise and constant drop out so replaced it and was fine but now the downstairs is doing it. Had them for about 4/5 years though so not bad. Going to buy some Devolo 650+ ones and give them a whirl!

Back
Top Bottom