Powerline Extender and Extension Plug sockets

smr

smr

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm getting sick of my crappy wireless connection so I'm going to buy a powerline extender kit - one thing though... I know some powerline extender manufacturers say that the adapter (the adapter which connects to the router) shouldn't be plugged into an extension socket - but is it ok if it's plugged into one of those cube plug sockets? Reason I ask is because in the hall way where my router is located there's only one plug socket and I have a cube socket plugged into that which in turn powers my phone and the router.

If I can get a cube plug with three sockets would it be ok to plug everything, including the powerline adapter, into it?

Also any advice on a decent powerline extender kit would be welcome. I'd preferably want one with two ethernet ports on the extender or if not a pack with a second extender so I can plug a couple of Ethernet things in.

My router is a SR102 Sky Fibre Hub.

Soldato
If you buy a set of adapters with mains pass-through such as these you can plug them directly into the socket and then use the socket on the front to connect your other devices.

You can expand any Powerline adapter by plugging a standard network switch into it.

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
Thanks, so it's ok to plug a 3 way cube socket into them and then my router and phone?

Also I was actually just looking at that particular product and it seems just the ticket but after reading some reviews of it on the rainforest it appears there's a problem where they lose connection, TP link know about it but are unwilling or unable to fix it. So I guess I'm looking for something else - but I need

Passthrough
2 or 3 Ethernet sockets on the extender
WIFI would be good as well on the extender.

Back
Top Bottom