Pre built or self build budget gaming?

Associate
I started a thread here looking at getting a computer no more than £500 for my sister, already had case/dvd drive/monitor.

Just thinking for similar ish spec is this prebuilt any good with 8gb ram? http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-270-OK

Thinking i get the windows 8 upgrade for not a lot later on compared to having to fork out again for another copy if i self built (with i suppose a few better parts if i did it myself). Better parts if i self build but that does come with a new case pre assembled. Thoughts? thinking of building tomorrow (i live local) or ordering that tonight maybe?

Also didn't know whether or not that prebuilt is fine for say a 6850 to put in as well?

Soldato
Self build cheaper and gives you some satisfaction you have done a good job yourself. Why do you want windows 8 as i dont see it as an upgrade more a downgrade.

Associate
That computer you linked does not even have a graphics card and costs £350, if you built it yourself you could afford an i5 CPU for the same money. I wouldn't call it budget gaming either, I built a PC last year with a Celeron G530 and 5750 for less than £250 - thats cheap

Associate
I've tried Win8. Verdict. Stick with Win7, especially if its for someone else and your the "go to" guy, unless you like being bothered excessively.

Oh and build it yourself. cheaper, better, faster, stronger.

Back
Top Bottom