** PRE-ORDER SPECIAL: GIGABYTE GTX 1080Ti OC BLACK ONLY £639 !! **

Soldato
I have the 1070 version of this card and mine has slight coil whine, but often I game with headphones on so it doesn't bother me
It depends massively on the PSU, I used a CX750 for a week or two because G2 died, when I got my P2 the coil whine went from the GPU almost completely, in fact I think it has totally gone now. Coil whine can be annoying but only if I can hear it over my fan speed.

Associate
It depends massively on the PSU, I used a CX750 for a week or two because G2 died, when I got my P2 the coil whine went from the GPU almost completely, in fact I think it has totally gone now. Coil whine can be annoying but only if I can hear it over my fan speed.

I have 1300w g2 but it needs to go back as the fan squeaks like crazy when it gets hot. Can't stand high pitched squeels.

Going hold fire and hope nvidia drop the ti prices when vega comes out

Soldato
I have 1300w g2 but it needs to go back as the fan squeaks like crazy when it gets hot. Can't stand high pitched squeels.

Going hold fire and hope nvidia drop the ti prices when vega comes out
If you want a ti the best time is to get Volta :) that is if you have a decent enough card now.

Soldato
Volta AIB could be another year, nobody is sure on that and probably relates to Vega for having any impact or not. This is a competitor to Vega in effect, see news of bundles etc

Does coil whine should it be there at all, go away or vary after some use or is it consistent

Associate
Coil whine generally depends on how hard the card is working (So usually during higher fps game or if V sync is un ticked)

I had a card a few years ago that if in old games (ALA CS Go) with no Vsync would literally "sing" to me.

Wacking on V sync solved it.

Since going to a plat PSU and my 980 Ti never heard anything since, not sure which fixed it thou sorry.

Soldato
I blitz all my cards 4 hours a piece on Firestrike test and then unigine, pretty much kills any coil whine a card had when playing normal games, although never cures it on unigine haha

Associate
thanks Gibbo! ill be sticking with my order :) looking forward to Hellblade maxed out at 1440p and lone echo in VR will get a good upgrade as well!

can you give us any idea on pre-order numbers vs arriving stock? are you well covered with the first batch?

Back
Top Bottom