** PRE ORDER YOUR NEXT GENERATION CONSOLE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK **

Associate
Dont see the problem, nobody is obliged to preorder it here, if youre not happy splashing that sum out then dont, get in line with everyone else.
Its not like this is the only opportunity to buy one. People who are worried to death they will have to wait for further shipments to arrive if they dont get a preorder in on the day they go live. Relax. Is it really that much of a problem?

Soldato
I can't believe some of the people in this thread.

OcUK are within their rights to set the pre-order for this however they like and whilst it might be a bit mental no one is forcing you to put in that pre-order. I personally wouldn't because I don't know enough about the console to part with ANY cash at the moment, even a small deposit. But then when OcUK then say they are looking to change it, people still moan! :p

Associate
Not really concerned about the price OCUK are offering as I'm not pre ordering here, but does anyone else think there are something wrong with these figures:

£300.00 inc VAT
£250.00 ex VAT

...being pedantic now :D

Caporegime
I can't believe some of the people in this thread.

OcUK are within their rights to set the pre-order for this however they like and whilst it might be a bit mental no one is forcing you to put in that pre-order. I personally wouldn't because I don't know enough about the console to part with ANY cash at the moment, even a small deposit. But then when OcUK then say they are looking to change it, people still moan! :p

That's the weird thing about free speech. Unless OcUK say otherwise we're allowed to give constructive criticism...amazing :confused:

Soldato
No, but the manner in which people are expressing themselves about it leads me to believe that they are.

I've not seen anything particularly immature comments wise, just consumers who understandably shirk at the thought of a company wanting near £600 (now £300 due to negative feedback) up-front on a pre-order for a games console, when other companies have a much more reasonable system in place to achieve the same thing.

Soldato
Of the people complaining there will be a portion that wanted to give OCUK their business but won't due to the pre-order system that they use, so I think that the complaints in this thread are perfectly valid and OCUK should take note if they want the business.

To be fair they have responded now (via rjkoneill :)), but £300 for a pre-order is still a lot of money when compared to their competitors.

I won't be pre-ordering this console anyway unless they seriously impress me at E3, but it's OCUK's pre-order policy/system in general that puts me off.

Back
Top Bottom