Prebuilt/Ryzen/£2500 budget

Associate
Hi All,

Looking to switch back to PC from Mac. I am looking for a machine I dont have to build myself (yes I know its pretty easy I have done that in the past but these days I value my time more than saving a few quid).

I have a hard budget of £2500. I am looking to go fairly high end on everything except the graphics card as I will likely switch in a 3080ti or equivalent when they are released.

This will mainly be a gaming machine as I have a work laptop however I do occasionally use it for work when the laptop does not have enough horsepower. I game at 5120x1440 @ 75Hz (32:9) and later I am looking to buy the 48" LG OLED TV so hoping to get close to 4K @ 120Hz with just a graphics card upgrade.

Some other considerations I dont want a mechanical hard drive so a large SSD is a must.
I dont like RGB so a case with no window and prioritises airflow and acoustics over bling is ideal. (Looking at Define R6 or similar)
I will be looking at building a NAS further down the line so faster than gigabit ethernet is a plus ideally with dual ports.

Can you recommend either a full system or a list of parts that I can ask someone to build for £2500?

Associate
OP
Not sure if it loaded correctly but you chose the Kolink RGB case ? So probably the opposite of what you are going for. I would be looking at something like the Phanteks P600S as you can leave the top/front panels on for silence, or remove them for better airflow. Yes my mistake I meant to choose one of the B Quiet Cases as none of the ones in the OCUK Configurator have solid side panels.

The 3800X isn't worth the extra over the 3700X. Noted

A 120mm AIO is a waste of money. A good air cooler like the Scythe Mugen 5 would be better. Configurator limitation all the options are AIO

You don't need an 850W psu. A 650W would do fine. This I debated with myself as no-one knows how power hungry the new cards will be though I am expecting that they will be the same or more efficient than 2080ti

That Gigabyte X570 Gaming X board is a bit underwhelming. There isn't much on it at all for the price. Are you planning on adding a faster network adapter ? If so then an MSI B450 board like the Tomahawk MAX would save some cash. If you want X570 then I would step up to the X570 Aorus Elite. X570 were the only options on the configurator I was hoping to have faster network built into the motherboard but looks like i would have to spend £500+ to go this route and it does not seem worth the premium if I am not using most of the other feature set

The 1660 Super will be pretty bad at 5120 x 1440 so you would have to lower settings until you buy the 3000 series. Yeah once I know how much everything else will cost the remaining budget will go here - hoping to squeeze in a 5700XT without compromising elsewhere as its only a stop gap solution

The WD Black NVMe is a bit pricey. The Patriot Viper is cheaper, or there is also the Corsair MP510. Viper was not available but I did miss the Corsair - updated

Hi thanks for the response comments above. I used the configurator to get an idea of the mark up so I can stay in budget but yes i will probably go with a list of parts as suggested as the configurator is very limited.

Associate
OP
Quick update - the Mobo went out of stock and I was not sold on the idea anyway. I guess I will just buy a 10Gbe card down the road sometime. This is what I am currently looking at:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,680.71 (includes shipping: £15.90)​

I tried to like the Phanteks P600S but its just so ugly. Could not see the point in a more expensive SSD but happy for my mind to be changed. Bundle looked like a good deal compared to individual parts but I am not even sure I want/need X570 as I am not likely to upgrade often preferring to purchase a whole system than upgrade piecemeal.​

Associate
OP
Thanks - yeah I dont need wifi my office is hard wired. I like the BeQuiet cases so not a problem with case choice though its the one area that I do not mind paying extra for good quality as I will be looking at it everyday. I chose the GPU as I want performance at acceptable sounds levels and I heard the Asus is the quietest stock card with "quiet" setting in the bios.

I will not be overclocking to start with however I do want some headroom as I will overclock to prolong the longevity as I tend to upgrade in 5 yr cycles.

Back
Top Bottom