Prebuilt/Ryzen/£2500 budget

Associate
Hi All,

Looking to switch back to PC from Mac. I am looking for a machine I dont have to build myself (yes I know its pretty easy I have done that in the past but these days I value my time more than saving a few quid).

I have a hard budget of £2500. I am looking to go fairly high end on everything except the graphics card as I will likely switch in a 3080ti or equivalent when they are released.

This will mainly be a gaming machine as I have a work laptop however I do occasionally use it for work when the laptop does not have enough horsepower. I game at 5120x1440 @ 75Hz (32:9) and later I am looking to buy the 48" LG OLED TV so hoping to get close to 4K @ 120Hz with just a graphics card upgrade.

Some other considerations I dont want a mechanical hard drive so a large SSD is a must.
I dont like RGB so a case with no window and prioritises airflow and acoustics over bling is ideal. (Looking at Define R6 or similar)
I will be looking at building a NAS further down the line so faster than gigabit ethernet is a plus ideally with dual ports.

Can you recommend either a full system or a list of parts that I can ask someone to build for £2500?

Soldato
This is what I have come up with so far with plenty of room in the budget to upgrade a few items like cpu cooler. Thoughts?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...C3)UzbIID3)V@bIIE3)VXbIIF3)X~bKDj3!89bNem3-~3

Not sure if it loaded correctly but you chose the Kolink RGB case ? So probably the opposite of what you are going for. I would be looking at something like the Phanteks P600S as you can leave the top/front panels on for silence, or remove them for better airflow.

The 3800X isn't worth the extra over the 3700X.

A 120mm AIO is a waste of money. A good air cooler like the Scythe Mugen 5 would be better.

You don't need an 850W psu. A 650W would do fine.

That Gigabyte X570 Gaming X board is a bit underwhelming. There isn't much on it at all for the price. Are you planning on adding a faster network adapter ? If so then an MSI B450 board like the Tomahawk MAX would save some cash. If you want X570 then I would step up to the X570 Aorus Elite.

The 1660 Super will be pretty bad at 5120 x 1440 so you would have to lower settings until you buy the 3000 series.

The WD Black NVMe is a bit pricey. The Patriot Viper is cheaper, or there is also the Corsair MP510.

You can ask ocuk to build you something to your own spec. You would just need to post in the Customer services section when you decide on a parts list.

So the spec below matches your build, but with a few changes that I mentioned. Not sure if you want a 10Gbps LAN adapter, but I added one as you mentioned a NAS setup. Out of stock at the moment though, as is the case.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,415.53 (includes shipping: £14.70)

Associate
OP
Not sure if it loaded correctly but you chose the Kolink RGB case ? So probably the opposite of what you are going for. I would be looking at something like the Phanteks P600S as you can leave the top/front panels on for silence, or remove them for better airflow. Yes my mistake I meant to choose one of the B Quiet Cases as none of the ones in the OCUK Configurator have solid side panels.

The 3800X isn't worth the extra over the 3700X. Noted

A 120mm AIO is a waste of money. A good air cooler like the Scythe Mugen 5 would be better. Configurator limitation all the options are AIO

You don't need an 850W psu. A 650W would do fine. This I debated with myself as no-one knows how power hungry the new cards will be though I am expecting that they will be the same or more efficient than 2080ti

That Gigabyte X570 Gaming X board is a bit underwhelming. There isn't much on it at all for the price. Are you planning on adding a faster network adapter ? If so then an MSI B450 board like the Tomahawk MAX would save some cash. If you want X570 then I would step up to the X570 Aorus Elite. X570 were the only options on the configurator I was hoping to have faster network built into the motherboard but looks like i would have to spend £500+ to go this route and it does not seem worth the premium if I am not using most of the other feature set

The 1660 Super will be pretty bad at 5120 x 1440 so you would have to lower settings until you buy the 3000 series. Yeah once I know how much everything else will cost the remaining budget will go here - hoping to squeeze in a 5700XT without compromising elsewhere as its only a stop gap solution

The WD Black NVMe is a bit pricey. The Patriot Viper is cheaper, or there is also the Corsair MP510. Viper was not available but I did miss the Corsair - updated

Hi thanks for the response comments above. I used the configurator to get an idea of the mark up so I can stay in budget but yes i will probably go with a list of parts as suggested as the configurator is very limited.

Soldato
The MSI X570 Creation has 10G LAN for £420 if you want it built in. It is an EATX format though so you would need to check dimensions of the case as some ATX cases can fit it but it might cover the grommet holes etc. The board is listed as 27.2cm wide so it should fit fine in the P600S. If you are going with a BeQuiet case then just make sure to check that.

Total: £430.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)

With your budget you could probably fit a 3900X and 32GB Ram if you wanted. It won't offer any real advantage for gaming, so it would depend on what sort of workload you are doing when not gaming.

If you want a bit more headroom on the PSU then swap to a 750W. The Ryzen cpu's don't pull a huge amount so even with a 3080 ti you will be more than covered. The Corsair units like the RMx, RMi and HXi etx are generally very quiet units.

As for the gpu the AMD cards are supposedly a bit hit and miss with the current drivers. If you can downscale the resolution on your current 5120 x 1440 screen (Or just play at med settings etc) then a 1660 Super would be ok for the short term. If rumours are true then it might be around June time when the 3000 series release.

I can tag a few more folks to see if they want to give their input. @tamzzy @Danny75 @Plec @Gray2233

Soldato

spend extra on better GPU unit as 2080ti runs hot and that card will be loud/hot

either 4 yr uk rma/support
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1a0-gi.html

or msi better cooling then dual fan unit
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-34e-ms.html

Push with 750w unit, specially with overclocking all cores on thw CPU
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...lar-power-supply-cp-9020195-uk-ca-24s-cs.html

Better case
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-eclipse-p600s-silent-midi-tower-case-black-ca-08v-pt.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/patr...dual-channel-kit-pvs416g360c7k-my-104-pa.html

shame master is only 2.5Gbs Lan port otherwise would have suggest that but seems you'll have use for 10Gbe connection

Soldato
No sense in super expensive motherboard, unless you have money "for even sheeps to eat" like we say in Finland.
Already £200 boards have overkill VRMs and you can get 10Gbit NIC which can be moved over upgrades.
Saved money could also get 2x16GB memory for better future proofness.

And PSU with cheaper components is rather out of place in such budget PC.

Soldato
No sense in super expensive motherboard, unless you have money "for even sheeps to eat" like we say in Finland.
Already £200 boards have overkill VRMs and you can get 10Gbit NIC which can be moved over upgrades.
Saved money could also get 2x16GB memory for better future proofness.

And PSU with cheaper components is rather out of place in such budget PC.

think it was for 10Gbs NAS set up - dual 10G as well I believe

Associate
OP
Quick update - the Mobo went out of stock and I was not sold on the idea anyway. I guess I will just buy a 10Gbe card down the road sometime. This is what I am currently looking at:

Total: £2,680.71 (includes shipping: £15.90)​

I tried to like the Phanteks P600S but its just so ugly. Could not see the point in a more expensive SSD but happy for my mind to be changed. Bundle looked like a good deal compared to individual parts but I am not even sure I want/need X570 as I am not likely to upgrade often preferring to purchase a whole system than upgrade piecemeal.​

Soldato
Quick update - the Mobo went out of stock and I was not sold on the idea anyway. I guess I will just buy a 10Gbe card down the road sometime. This is what I am currently looking at:

Total: £2,680.71 (includes shipping: £15.90)

I tried to like the Phanteks P600S but its just so ugly. Could not see the point in a more expensive SSD but happy for my mind to be changed. Bundle looked like a good deal compared to individual parts but I am not even sure I want/need X570 as I am not likely to upgrade often preferring to purchase a whole system than upgrade piecemeal.​

board with better RMA - believe higher phases two being 12 True phases .
GPU has 4 yr UK RMA compared to 3 with asus- need to register the 4th year though. Better SSD! 10 yr plat PSU, 850w even . same performance at that Titanium one , know it has 12 yrs warranty but at end of 12 years tech will be very different!
Master like MSI comes with 2.5G lan port

ODE
Total: £2,558.04 (includes shipping: £13.20)

if you dont need wifi, Aorus PRO IS £230!!!!!!! and you;d be at £2665 for 16 CORE RYZEN!

ODE
Total: £2,734.08 (includes shipping: £13.20)

used Ultra though with wifi above ^^^

wow, OCUK charge £80 for on the Gaming OC 2080Ti- get them to price match !

Brings 16 core 2080ti system to £2600!

and then Sabrent Rocket 2TB will bring it to £2580!

@Plec has the base 500 case :D

if you know how to OC. push to 3600hz and you've got a steal for 32GB over 16gb..
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/patr...dual-channel-kit-pvs432g320c6k-my-106-pa.html

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks - yeah I dont need wifi my office is hard wired. I like the BeQuiet cases so not a problem with case choice though its the one area that I do not mind paying extra for good quality as I will be looking at it everyday. I chose the GPU as I want performance at acceptable sounds levels and I heard the Asus is the quietest stock card with "quiet" setting in the bios.

I will not be overclocking to start with however I do want some headroom as I will overclock to prolong the longevity as I tend to upgrade in 5 yr cycles.

Soldato
Thanks - yeah I dont need wifi my office is hard wired. I like the BeQuiet cases so not a problem with case choice though its the one area that I do not mind paying extra for good quality as I will be looking at it everyday. I chose the GPU as I want performance at acceptable sounds levels and I heard the Asus is the quietest stock card with "quiet" setting in the bios.

I will not be overclocking to start with however I do want some headroom as I will overclock to prolong the longevity as I tend to upgrade in 5 yr cycles.

Base 601 is personification of silence , or dark 900 no window version but ££££ £120-200

Aorus AIO card would be the quietest but that's an enclosed water system with 240 rad

But for £2600 and getting 16 cores and 2080ti for your list price, hard not to miss

Back
Top Bottom