Premium Bonds - If you post to say how much you've won, please also say how much you have invested.

Mine still says last win was last months..this happened last month though and a day later I seen it update in the website. I will check again tomorrow as mine usually updates a day after everyone else's updates

Go to prize history, that is updated faster than the banner and account balance etc.
Partly timing of course they have lot to update and send notifications for.

Soldato
Go to prize history, that is updated faster than the banner and account balance etc.
Partly timing of course they have lot to update and send notifications for.

Ah yes good shout..

I have won £50 this month. Not as big but I guess I did win £400 last month and.£125 in sept and a few bigger ones on the months before

Better than nothing

Last edited:
Caporegime
After I take my money out of PBs and I'm back to normal saving I don't think I'll do it again. It really seems like although the overall. Percentage rate is.. 4pc?..and it's tax free it is for most obviously a lot worse than that.

I'm only in now to basically gamble with the interest as my other option is a flexible isa for 6 months with a drip feed of 2k a month. So I decided to just gamble the interest

Soldato
After I take my money out of PBs and I'm back to normal saving I don't think I'll do it again. It really seems like although the overall. Percentage rate is.. 4pc?..and it's tax free it is for most obviously a lot worse than that.

I'm only in now to basically gamble with the interest as my other option is a flexible isa for 6 months with a drip feed of 2k a month. So I decided to just gamble the interest
How much do you have invested ? It's not really worth it unless you have atleast 25-30k in as the wins are minimal and even then you don't usually see the higher wins until you have 30+ in.

Where are you going to invest instead ? Do you have tax implications ?

Its quite variable.
Also the amount is key. You need a decent amount to stand a good chance of being around the headline rate. IIRC its around £20k that you should not be noticeably below the headline rate.
Otherwise your % is going to vary significantly. If your lucky it will be very high, if your unlucky it will be very low.

Caporegime
How much do you have invested ? It's not really worth it unless you have atleast 25-30k in as the wins are minimal and even then you don't usually see the higher wins until you have 30+ in.

Where are you going to invest instead ? Do you have tax implications ?

Yes. I'm aware. Hence why I won't be using it going forward. I know. Its better to have closer to. 50k in or not use it.

I will peak out at 7k-8k as towards the end I'll just use my normal account for this saving.

Afterwards I'll go back to S&S trackers in an isa.

With my regular savers and a fixed bond I'm nearly hitting 500 in interest a year (470 I believe) and 500 is my tax free cap.

But I have room in my isa as I only fill that 10-15k a year usually.

Also increasing pension to avoid 50k tax as I'm only a few k over.

Caporegime
Its quite variable.
Also the amount is key. You need a decent amount to stand a good chance of being around the headline rate. IIRC its around £20k that you should not be noticeably below the headline rate.
Otherwise your % is going to vary significantly. If your lucky it will be very high, if your unlucky it will be very low.

Yeah exactly. It is in right now as an absolute gamble. 7k (starting from 0 and ending up at 14k) for 6 months in 5 percent isn't that exciting vs the chance of winning. But yes.
I'm future I'd only consider PB if I'm maxing my isa, my pension and my tax free allowance and able to dump 30k plus in.

Can't see that happening

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom