Premium Bonds - If you post to say how much you've won, please also say how much you have invested.

Soldato
Where are you putting it instead?
Has to be a stock and shares ISA, I'm close to the 50k personal tax allowance and if I put any part of the holdings into my savings account, the interest from my savings will take me over the 50K.

The S&P 500 is on a dip at the moment, so I'm just going to buy into that.

I could readjust my pension contributions, to allow for the extra interest but I feel that's a job for next tax year. I have a SAYE scheme maturing next year and won't be able to take it all in one go without getting hit by captial gains, so I need to allow for some of those to shares to collect dividends during the year which is included in the personal tax allowance.

Soldato
Has to be a stock and shares ISA, I'm close to the 50k personal tax allowance and if I put any part of the holdings into my savings account, the interest from my savings will take me over the 50K.

The S&P 500 is on a dip at the moment, so I'm just going to buy into that.

I could readjust my pension contributions, to allow for the extra interest but I feel that's a job for next tax year. I have a SAYE scheme maturing next year and won't be able to take it all in one go without getting hit by captial gains, so I need to allow for some of those to shares to collect dividends during the year which is included in the personal tax allowance.

Do you have a cash ISA aswel or just the S&S ISA ?

I still have another 7k ISA allowance for this tax year - Currently at 33k in my Cash ISA

Not yet got a S&S ISA but i wouldnt be able to pay in to one anyway if i am using the 20K allowance on the Cash ISA for this year

I really want a gaurenteed return,

i had been doing well on the premium bonds however the last 2 winnings have been low,

Soldato
Do you have a cash ISA aswel or just the S&S ISA ?

I still have another 7k ISA allowance for this tax year - Currently at 33k in my Cash ISA

Not yet got a S&S ISA but i wouldnt be able to pay in to one anyway if i am using the 20K allowance on the Cash ISA for this year

I really want a gaurenteed return,

i had been doing well on the premium bonds however the last 2 winnings have been low,

Yes, I have two cash ISAs one fixed term at 4.12 for 2 years which I can't put anything in anymore and a cash ISA with t212 at 5.2%.

If you want guarantee returns than it's a fix rate ISA, cash ISAs can go up and down. Another fixed rate of return is reguar savings account when you put a certain amount per month, they have limits to how much you can put in but I have one at 7.2% for £250 per month and are taxable.

Soldato
Yes, I have two cash ISAs one fixed term at 4.12 for 2 years which I can't put anything in anymore and a cash ISA with t212 at 5.2%.

If you want guarantee returns than it's a fix rate ISA, cash ISAs can go up and down. Another fixed rate of return is reguar savings account when you put a certain amount per month, they have limits to how much you can put in but I have one at 7.2% for £250 per month and are taxable.

My cash ISA with ZOPA seems to be good at the moment, yes its variable but they are so far seem to be sticking to their guns with the 5.02% rate, i know a few banks which have dropped the rate in the last 2-4 months however zopa have not dropped it, hopefully it will be good until their stated date of April next year

Back
Top Bottom