Preparing for Overclock

Associate
Hi guys,

Just bought my new system and wondering if anyone with a similar setup can give me some advice on overclocking it when it arrives? I've read a few stickys on the CPU and in this part of the forum. If anyone has any screenshots they can share from another thread or just text based settings I can use I'd greatly appreciate it.

spec:

Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz

Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Intel Z68

Soldato
Fairly sure there was an overclocking guide for the E4G3 floating about here somewhere, I think its in a review thread.

Associate
OP
Can do. It won't be until the weekend though...

That sounds fine to me, I've been looking on youtube throughout the day and managed to find this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e04-5hjk-I&feature=related

about the only one in English and explains in part what to do and why. I still feel like there is more to overclocking the boards than that though...

Did you jump straight into a 4ghz+ overclock or did you start off small? I'm wondering if I go straight for 4.5ghz it's going to fry the chip !

Associate
That sounds fine to me, I've been looking on youtube throughout the day and managed to find this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e04-5hjk-I&feature=related

about the only one in English and explains in part what to do and why. I still feel like there is more to overclocking the boards than that though...

Did you jump straight into a 4ghz+ overclock or did you start off small? I'm wondering if I go straight for 4.5ghz it's going to fry the chip !

I went 4GHz ran 10 cycles of intelburn, got bored and went to 4.5. You cant really go too wrong if you keep and eye on your temps and to start with I wouldnt go above 1.35v

You cant always try the preset overclocks if you're not confident to start with.

Top Bottom