Prescription swimming goggles

Soldato
Prescription swimming goggles
Has anyone purchases full prescription swimming goggles, rather than ones which estimate to nearest dioptre and don't help with astigmatism?

I've had a look online and price seem to range from £80 upwards to £150.
Anyone bought cheaper or has company they would recommend?

Do specsavers do full prescription or just the nearest dioptre stuff, the person in store wasn't entirely clear when i phoned?

Soldato
OP
look in swimming thread - have disscussed several times

40605724494_932a157e19_o_d.jpg

Is this not simple a separate diopter lens as one can get all over the place, i don't see anywhere to correct cylinder or axis in this prescription.
I have a set of diopter goggles, I want something more accurate.

Soldato
OP
Why do you need to be able to see 20 /20 though?
Serious question.or is your eyesight that bad that you can`t see the thick line or end wall :)

Well it is actually for playing with my daughter in the pool and sea while on holiday, my vision without glasses is so poor I couldn't tell if there was water in the pool or not.
I could barely make out the blue line, and I couldn't make out the wall at the end of the pool easily.
If I go to the sea, I either wade to waist/chest height, and wear my glasses, as if i don't I could lose/misplace my daughter.
I'd like to have the option for better vision than the basic dioptre goggles afford, and get full prescription one.
Just wondering if anyone had done it previously.

Soldato
OP
Are these any good for you? I ordered 2 pairs of reading glasses for them in their recent flash sale for £11.85 including delivery and they are perfect. Good customer service too.

They are like the ones I have correct one type but not everything.
Ta anyway, Was mostly looking personal experience from anyone who had full prescription ones made, or bought, where they got them, and how much they paid.

Looks to be £85-£125.

Soldato
OP
what's a link for a full prescription contenders ?

for pool swimming goggles inevitably get knocked and suffer some handling scratches. eg applying anti-fog so last maybe 2years. Skirts perish&delaminate irrespective of use too.
poly-carbonate that some full prescription offer, whilst hard and easy to grind accurately, has chromatic aberration, so can appear like a prism ..
so I would be after return if not happy for >=£180

Something like this

https://www.sportseyeweardirect.co.uk/Aquaviz-Swim-Mask-with-insert-to-prescription-

or
https://www.sportseyeweardirect.co.uk/Seac-Sub-Full-Prescription-Swimming-Goggles

Back
Top Bottom