Prey PS4. Unplayable control bug.

Soldato
So I posted in the demo section about this problem. Essentially it's a problem with the controller. It stems from the demo in that some people experienced input lag or latency with the controller. So Bethesda/Arkane released a patch improving responsiveness. Problem being it makes your character move or drift without touching the left stick. Best way to describe it is as if he's skating on ice. That was after patch V1.01 so today they released patch V1.02 stating fixed controller latency problem. It has made the problem ten fold worse. To the point the game is now totally unplayable. I'm gutted I was enjoying it. I was hoping the second patch would address it not make it worse. I've submitted a ticket on Bethesdas site and there is a big thread on it. I know this doesn't happen on all PS4s and I believe it's because they have removed the controllers dead zones. I'm very frustrated I can't play this game.

Soldato
OP
It works on some Ps4s and not on others. I'm unfortunately one were it doesn't. I'm taking the game back to see if I can get the Xbox version. I've had it with this. Patch V1.03.03 was released last night and still I can't stop my character from walking sideways without me touching the stick.

Soldato
It works on some Ps4s and not on others. I'm unfortunately one were it doesn't. I'm taking the game back to see if I can get the Xbox version. I've had it with this. Patch V1.03.03 was released last night and still I can't stop my character from walking sideways without me touching the stick.

What a weird problem... you sure your pad is 100% okay?

Soldato
OP
Yeah I'm 100% it's the game. Others have exactly the same problem. So anyway after last nights patch still didn't fix it I took it back to the store and swapped it for the Xbox one version and all is well. Pity though as I thought the ps4 version looked a bit better.

Soldato
OP
Nah like I say I awapped it for the Xbox one version and no problems. I only have the one pad on my ps4 pro. Didn't fancy shelling out for another as people on the Bethesda forums say it's hit and miss. I feel really sorry for the people on the Ps4 who have had to suffer after 3 horrendous patches. All I can say is Microsoft must have higher standards.

Soldato
OP
I've just bought this again for ps4 pro as it was £25 in grainger games. And patch version 1.04 has fixed the drifting bug and it now has enhanced textures and shadows on ps4 pro. Looks better than the Xbox one version so I'm back on ps4 lol. So far this game has cost me £67 in total because I bought ps4 version then swapped for Xbox version then rebought ps4 version haha. But hey ho I like the game so it's only money.

Soldato
Fair play, I remember blowing lots of cash the weekend Call of Duty Modern Warefare came out - picked up the PS3 copy on release, got home to play with a mate, only to find the servers were down - so dashed out and got the 360 version to play. Found that the game looked better on said friend's TV, so the day after I went and got a 48" LG tv to replace my 32" Samsung... the day after that after suffering massive headaches (had it in my room sitting about 5 foot away), I went out and bought a 28" Sony Bravia and sold the LG on!

I digress. Sadly I'm not getting on with Prey, it hasn't grabbed me, so I might trade it in and grab sniper elite 4 instead... or try the MM I guess.

Associate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8il04ntO1M&feature=youtu.be

Unfortunately, a new problem has been introduced across both PlayStation consoles - a problem that first appeared in version 1.02 and compromises what was one of the game's most impressive aspects, its consistency and fluidity in motion. On the plus side, input latency has been fixed - the game is much more responsive now - but the knock-on effect is that, put simply, the game is a stuttering mess in motion. We've often reported on bad frame-pacing in the past, but nothing could prepare us for the severity of the problem in Prey.

This is, without a doubt, the worst instance of irregular frame delivery we've encountered, giving the illusion of a much lower frame-rate. In addition, as the game uses an adaptive v-sync solution, there is now a plethora of torn frames present in each and every scene along the top portion of the image. Taken as a whole, Prey no longer feels smooth to play. Clearly, the fix for input latency is to blame for this problem. Whichever settings have been adjusted, the results are poor.

back to xbox now? :D

Back
Top Bottom