• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Prices of Pre-order products going up.

Soldato
They will find you.:p
:D

And when order is placed, trying to self justify their purchase by becoming militant against anyone who voices some common sense.

I mean look at the other discussion. I posted the "rumoured" Firestrike results of the 2080, which everyone up to that point took at a gospel.
And posted alongside it some mediocre downvolting/overclocking of the Vega 64 in a sub par CPU compared to the 2080 benchmark.

Many took up the pitchforks trying to find my house to burn it down. At least I live in Bristol during the week :D[/QUOTE

Soldato
It wouldn’t be a GPU thread without Panos pointlessly talking about downvolted Vega benchmarks for no reason...

IIRC what generally happens is that AIBs will give retailers a price, but also a deal on the first X units sold (Similar to what AMD did with Vega). Once the deal runs out, back to normal price.

This is genuinely what happened for the MSI cards, not sure about the general pricing here lately which seems a bit off.

Soldato
I bought my 1070 Amp Extreme elsewhere at the original rrp about a week after launch, the other place wasn't price gouging despite each time they arrived back in stock(never more than a day or two) they never increased pricing yoyoing within about a fiver.

Was it by any chance £390? I thought that was insanely cheap as it was priced less than the amp edition on the same site!

Mobster
Soldato
Easy way to fix the greed of the retailer. Don't buy them, its simple. The only other thing guaranteed apart from their greed rises is that if you don't buy the price will come down. Pop an email off to nVidia saying why too and who the retailers are.

Soldato
Easy way to fix the greed of the retailer. Don't buy them, its simple. The only other thing guaranteed apart from their greed rises is that if you don't buy the price will come down. Pop an email off to nVidia saying why too and who the retailers are.
The lack of will power in society today is appalling, when you see what kids get for xmas, birthdays etc compared to years and years ago. I recently got a 3% wage rise after years of nothing and it barely covered inflation. 3 years ago 980Ti £539, now 2080Ti £1000+ with for most people meaningless ray tracing hardware. I'm sorry but I used to defend people's right to spend their hard earned cash but...........its pushing up gpu prices for everyone. It has to stop because at this rate the number of people dropping out of PC gaming for console gaming must be on the rise and that cant be good for the future. Money I would be saving for new pc parts is now going towards holidays with my family. Nvidia you are partly to blame, OCUK you are partly to blame but the biggest blame goes to people willing to pay ridiculous sums of money for a new 'shiny'. I'm out.

Mobster
Soldato
The lack of will power in society today is appalling, when you see what kids get for xmas, birthdays etc compared to years and years ago. I recently got a 3% wage rise after years of nothing and it barely covered inflation. 3 years ago 980Ti £539, now 2080Ti £1000+ with for most people meaningless ray tracing hardware. I'm sorry but I used to defend people's right to spend their hard earned cash but...........its pushing up gpu prices for everyone. It has to stop because at this rate the number of people dropping out of PC gaming for console gaming must be on the rise and that cant be good for the future. Money I would be saving for new pc parts is now going towards holidays with my family. Nvidia you are partly to blame, OCUK you are partly to blame but the biggest blame goes to people willing to pay ridiculous sums of money for a new 'shiny'. I'm out.

I had it out with my boss not long ago for something similar. 1% rise they said I was getting. I quickly corrected her and said, no its a 1.9% wage cut. You've been cutting my salary for the past 3 years. It took a bit of time for that to sink in, still don't think she gets it.

I'm a bit fed up with PC Gaming in all honesty. I mostly play WoW, but console graphics are still pretty good. I have PS4 Pro and XB1X and they are both more than capable.

I almost went for it, but there is no way in hell I'd pay the release prices for the 2080 series, nevermind the greedy inflated prices at the moment.

Soldato
I had it out with my boss not long ago for something similar. 1% rise they said I was getting. I quickly corrected her and said, no its a 1.9% wage cut. You've been cutting my salary for the past 3 years. It took a bit of time for that to sink in, still don't think she gets it.

It's a numerical increase. You can both think you're right by ignoring the other side.

Associate

Even if you had got the extra 1.9% it does not sound like you would have pre-ordered anyway - this is one for the life section of the forum

Mobster
Soldato
Even if you had got the extra 1.9% it does not sound like you would have pre-ordered anyway - this is one for the life section of the forum

That was not the point I was making. Read what the **** I wrote again and dont frame it this time to suit your response

Soldato
Jesus, a flat numerical increase with the cost of that increase being offset with a 2.9% decrease is a cut. I'm surrounded by economic duffs.

Fine, be intellectually dishonest. You do not have special insight when you devalue someone else who didn't even use the same metric. They are simply using... a different metric.

It's common to talk about pay rises in numerical terms so if you tried to tell your boss off that inflation is higher she probly doesn't care or thinks you're being weird about it.

Back
Top Bottom