prime 95

Caporegime
GuruJockStrap said:
Use this instead:

http://sp2004.fre3.com/

SP2004 is a lot more easier to use and more informative when errors occur.

You can also run 2 instances of the program by double clicking on the .exe again.

With Prime95, you have to do a shortcut hack or 2.

it is also based on Prime95 version 23 which is not optimised for K7 architecture!!

Prime95 V24 is what you want.

Caporegime
brocksta said:
k7 architecture = socket A doesnt it?

sorry i meant K8 (Athlon 64 architecture).

Prime95 version 23 (which SP2004 is based on) is not optimized for K8 architecture and therefore is not as effective as the latest Prime95 version 24 at stressing K8 chips = fact.

Associate
mmj_uk said:
sorry i meant K8 (Athlon 64 architecture).

Prime95 version 23 (which SP2004 is based on) is not optimized for K8 architecture and therefore is not as effective as the latest Prime95 version 24 at stressing K8 chips = fact.

cheers for the heads up mate, just noticed im running v23.8 :( looks like im gunna have to re-test my oc then :( could there be a possibility my version is failing when it shouldn't? i damn hope so :p

Permabanned
Prime's pants!!

I have had many rigs pass 12h+ Primes yet fall over within an hour or so in S&M (which gets the CPU at least 5C's hotter than prime does)

S&M > Prime

Soldato
YooEntSinMeROYT said:
I've found S&M doesn't seem to agree with having 2gb RAM.

Stress Prime works fine for me, along with multiple passes of memtest from within my BIOS.

Seems fine with 2GB here. S&M and OCCT come highly reccomended and great if you don't have the night to run prime95. I usually run all 3 to make sure everything is stable.

Permabanned
run p95 to get your max stable, then run toast, which will heat it up even more... if it fails then, it usually means the cpu doesnt like to reach the temperature it reaches.
so you either cool it better or slow it down so it doesnt reach high temps.

btw when i used that s&m, i got no errors, when p95 would fail after 15hrs...

Back
Top Bottom