Prime video app not working on Sony Bravia

Soldato
In the last couple of weeks I've suddenly found that I can't use the Amazon Prime Video app on my Sony Bravia (KDL42805a). It works fine on my tablet or through my XB1. 90% of the time it comes up with an error message stating "Network error" and on those occasions that it lets me see my watch list I can't actually watch any shows as it just stops, goes black, throws up a network message or flat our stops. Anyone else seen this? There is no way to update apps on this TV.

Soldato
When I had a 2015 4k Sony TV the Amazon app was terrible stuttering constantly. I don't remember having any issues launching the app.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the app is badly optimised for Sony tv's

Associate
In the last couple of weeks I've suddenly found that I can't use the Amazon Prime Video app on my Sony Bravia (KDL42805a). It works fine on my tablet or through my XB1. 90% of the time it comes up with an error message stating "Network error" and on those occasions that it lets me see my watch list I can't actually watch any shows as it just stops, goes black, throws up a network message or flat our stops. Anyone else seen this? There is no way to update apps on this TV.

Did you try the 'refresh internet content' setting menu option (may be under 'network'). I recently had problems with the YouTube app on my Sony TV and a factory reset fixed it if my other suggestion doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom