US: Primeval: New World (2012)

Man of Honour
A North American spin-off of the hit U.K. television series, PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD follows a specialized team of animal experts and scientists that investigates the appearance of temporal anomalies and battles both prehistoric and futuristic creatures.

I love the UK version so have this waiting to watch after World Without End 104 (yes I've only just started it).

Soldato
problem with the way they've done the crossover, is that they've got to spend most of the first season, establishing the story.. again.. would have made more sense for connor to do more than basically say "forget what you saw.. it will end badly", he should have hung around to mentor them etc..

Of course, I'm sure they'll pull something out.. but it still feels flacid

Man of Honour
OP
I know what you mean Infidelus.
The characters in the UK one would have made the monster in the second one seem more scary.
The other thing is, is this happening all over the world or has it just shifted from an area of England to an area in Canada now?

Soldato
The second eps is really good but the characters aren't sadly. I'm a huge fan of the UK version so I'll carry on watching. With regards to the anomolies, I think they're still occuring around the globe as there are global arc teams iirc.

Soldato
I never got on with the UK version, mainly because it has a retard (attempting to act) from S Club 7 in it. A US complete remake would have made me very happy because the premise is interesting.

Soldato
You are entitled to your opinion. Personally, I think it is good enough to warrant further watching, and I'd rather be quietly hopeful, than grind it under my boot before it gets a chance, until we reach a point where the only things made for tv are cheap reality shows that nobody gives a damn about but the networks wont spend the money on developing a show just incase it isn't instantly a mega-hit.

Soldato
I watched the first 1/2 dozen episodes before finally giving it the boot. It's just dull. I didn't care about any of the characters, and I kept hoping whatever came through the anomoly would eat the team.

If it New World survives past one series I'd be very surprised.

PR.

PR.

Associate
Rumour is there's not going to be a second season.

Bit annoying really, there was glimmers of greatness in there but as has been said the characters were a bit dull and some of the episodes just seemed to be killing time.

Back
Top Bottom