Privacy - Have you given in yet?

Soldato
:eek: I admire the effort.

I store nearly all my passwords in chrome :o

For the love of God, if nothing else, don't use Chrome. It's a privacy nightmare, monopolistic and distorting to web standards. If you like Chrome, switch to Brave or even Chromium. Or try Firefox, with the latest versions you'll be surprised how fast and light it is. Either way, install uBlock Origin on top and you're half way there.

Soldato
I don't care they can have my info, I live for the day I get a targeted at for a product I want..

I was reading about how new optical chips would speed up ad related ai.. How much processing does showing me the last product I looked at or purchased use

Man of Honour
As for the usual slew of social media sites wanting to know the far end of a fart, nope still don't use them

Like this social media site?

This is the top line in the source code on this page, there are also other references -

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html id="XenForo" lang="en-US" dir="LTR" class="Public NoJs LoggedIn NoSidebar Responsive" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml">

Then at the bottom of this page

// Facebook Javascript SDK
XenForo.Facebook.appId = "";
XenForo.Facebook.forceInit = false;

That's why I can ask a question about something here and it ends up on Facebook.

Associate
Switched to DuckDuckGo for search rather than Google and use an adblocker, thats about it. Never really used facebook anyway but I doubt that stops them creating a marketing profile on you.

Likewise.. Brave and Brave Search... actively monitor and delete my data with Google and considering Facebook for retirement/deletion.

Always avoid Amazon cos they dont pay their fair share of taxes in UK...

Soldato
Facebook is injected into so many websites.

Firefox has an add-on called Facebook Container which prevents FB tracking, other browsers might have it too.

Containers is only available in Firefox. You can get/set them up for any domain(s) you wish. Very handy. :) If you're running the built-in tracking protection and uBlock Origin set up appropriately, Facebook won't connect at all (the domain/page won't be allowed to contact FB's servers when loading). I have Facebook hard blocked at DNS level, only Threadloom and Google Analytics show up and get blocked for me in the browser.

Soldato
I use duckduck as default search in Firefox with ublock origin, and Firefox set it up 'forget everything' when I shut the browser down.

Occasionally I have to use chrome and Google 'bare back' for the odd site that doesn't play nicely.

Back
Top Bottom