Private plates

Soldato
T35LA S was for sale for £14k which I actually thought was pretty cheap compared to some other similar model-specific plates.

As a Russell I love RU55ELL, obviously. Currently registered on a Bentley Continental that does like 2,000 miles a year...

Caporegime
I hope you don’t mind losing that £400, the very fact those other plates are still available - after effectively having national newspaper advertising - tells me the demand is in the plate dealers head, not within the market.

Soldato
T35LA S was for sale for £14k which I actually thought was pretty cheap compared to some other similar model-specific plates.

As a Russell I love RU55ELL, obviously. Currently registered on a Bentley Continental that does like 2,000 miles a year...

I saw a Tesla with the plate GO13 AMP which I thought was quite fitting though I dread to think how much it cost.

Caporegime

That plate isn't legal for starters

T35 LAS

Albeit nothing would happen in reality you are running the very small risk it can be rightly confiscated.

the only helmet here is a helmet that buys a plate expecting it be an investment

I've bought 2 as investments and both are worth a lot more than what I paid. In fact one has doubled in value. Both are dateless plates. So they can go on any car and they are relatively short.

Man of Honour
And we're the helmets apparently haha. Making money for nothing while bellwafts yap from behind their keyboards, afraid to take a punt.

I know it's a punt, but that's precisely the point. I'm hopeful, and I think it's a worthwhile gamble.
You asked if it was a decent investment, don't want peoples opinions don't ask.
Especially not in this place because you'll never get a pat on the back.

Caporegime
And we're the helmets apparently haha. Making money for nothing while bellwafts yap from behind their keyboards, afraid to take a punt.

I know it's a punt, but that's precisely the point. I'm hopeful, and I think it's a worthwhile gamble.

I would say yours is never going to be worth anything though unless you get a brexiteer who is loaded.

Mine just because of the fact they are dateless will always go up in value. Yours is based 100% on luck. Why would anyone want that on their car? People want their names on their cars or something flashy.

Soldato
Jesus wept. Hopefully OP will leave for the EU along with his numberplate. I'd make it ironic by getting the EU states flag at the front of the plate with GB under it.

Soldato
If you're not bothered by other's views on whether it's an investment or not, why start a thread asking for those opinions?
he posted the same thing in pistonheads, had a bit of a ripping so came here expecting better but received the same.

now go to another forum, ukip forum maybe? those guys will appreciate your investment a bit more

Caporegime
Where did I say I didn't care for others opinions?

That's the whole reason I asked, I wanted to get people's views on it. Not that of biased clowns though who can't put politics aside.

I realise that, a lot will depend on the timing of leaving the EU. I think it's worth a punt though.

I saw the same plate with the year 19 went last year for the same price, so this one was worth a gamble IMO.

Had a bit of a ripping?

One bloke who voted remain said it wasn't worth anything? Was that you? Dry your eyes mate.

Got nothing to do with when we will leave eu.

The price is 100% dependent on demand for the plate.

Then how rich those people are that want it.

Then how much they are prepared to pay for it.

If we leave the EU in 2020 it doesn't magically make the plate more valuable.

The fact that you managed to buy it in the first place would surely show there is no demand for it.

Otherwise someone who genuinely wanted a brexit plate could have easily found it like you did.

I think you need to step back and evaluate your decision. You will be lucky to sell it for any worthwhile profit.

Why would anyone want to celebrate leaving the EU by car regi plate? People want their name on a plate not what you bought.

Back
Top Bottom