PRMM for BF2 v 0.3 released

Soldato
released a few days ago actually. Just a heads up. I'm downloading now having never seen or heard of it before but just reading about it is getting my hopes up:

Project Reality is a modification for the Battlefield 2 engine. The developer's aims are to rework the original game engine developed by Digital Illusions of Sweden (Dice) to recreate a realistic combat environment. This includes adjusting the game's various elements that include physics, visual effects and gameplay. Along with changes to how the game handles, the PR team intends to include additional factions such as the British Military, and add to or alter existing factions so that they resemble real life military elements found within their respective environments.

The name 'Project Reality' is not solely for the purpose of throwing around a catchy title. Project Reality's team has a group of dedicated individuals, several of whom have backgrounds in armed services. Whose sole task it is to provide researched findings and statistical information to the developers tasked with creating the mod itself. If you are looking for a fact based FPS shooter from the perspective of a Soldier, Project Reality will be there to cater to those needs.

http://www.realitymod.com/

Suspended
*starts downloading*

If its good I will throw up a couple of game servers

Edit: Erm having a hard time finding servers to play on - in fact none have the same version as me? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
i think you might have to uninstall any older versions first.

Any way, been playing this a bit and it's great. The maps for the most part are of an incredibly proffesional standard, and the game on a whole is much tougher and grittier than vanilla BF2. I love the map with all the long grass in particular.

Nice weapon sounds as well. They seem harder hitting than the default ones. Loving it so far and highly recommend it to all!

Associate
Our clan has a PRMM server which was running 0.2, I think they'll be updating the server asap to 0.3 (if not already)

Look out for the .:iGi:. server (40 man I think)

I've not played PRMM much but it is a different perspective to vanilla BF2. To anyone who fancies trying it my advice is don't pass your judgement on it after only a couple of rounds - give it some time as the gameplay, revised physics, game pace etc. takes a bit of getting used to

Associate
Certainly worth trying, I've been playing for the last 4 hours. Am liking the new maps (They've put in a revamped El Alamein, Hurrah!) and the way that you have to capture flags in a certain order, makes for some nice firefights, esp. on Karkand 2, also like the removal of the crosshair nice to use ironsights for a change.

Noticed there's a 50K server, but it was empty when I was playing.

Back
Top Bottom