Pro Evo 5

Associate
I've just been playing this now and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing what I'm seeing. I'm on 6 star master league in around 2010 and all my players seem to be getting injured, especially midfielders. I'm sure the game cheats by subtracting about 20 from all my stats and subsequently lowering injury proneness from As and Bs to Bs and Cs. I've seen Cronaldo who now has 99 dribbling and speed stats get caught up bu a defender who I found to have around 70 pace! I've got the maximumm number of players allowed because of this and currently about 12 of them are injured, 5 on red crosses. Whenever they get touched, they seem to hit the deck and get injured. I don't remember this happening on 5 star. Anyone?
Also, I might be paranoid but I really do think the refs are bias. I've not been given loads of penalties and the computer rarely gets given a yellow card (I've never seen them get a red) when they commit a heinous tackle leaving my guy out for 30 weeks! When I do the same, I get penalised. It's starting to get to me and I can assure you it's not me making up excuses because I'm not winning, I am (won 100% of games last season with a 120+ goal difference), just wanted to know if anyone else has seen these things.
Oh yeah, lastly in this mini rant, sometimes my players will just not run. They aren't injured or recovering with the grey arrow, they're fine but seem to have awful control and get knackered within 30 mins, is this some kind of bug?

Last edited:
Soldato
Im also playing around 2010 on 6* but im not getting a deluge of injuries - havent found it to happen in any other game as it gets later in either. On the other hand i do have a player with a C rating for injury proness and as such every time he is fouled he gets injured for a few weeks at a time, very annoying. Although i do play 'try to injure Robben' every time i play chelsea :)

The computer does 'magically' catch up with your players despite a difference of speed/accel stats - the game does this to make it harder to beat players and make it a tighter game i think...

The refs can seem biased in this game, certainly the opposition will give away a lot of fouls without receiveing yellow cards.. I think you just seem to be unlucky with injuries and receiveing penalties perhaps due to the way you play (at a guess). I think injuries get wiped out at the end of a season so at least you only miss them for one season!

On rare occasions i do get players whos stamina has ran out without me running them very much - but this seems a rare occurance, this is on 10 min matches - how long do you play for?

Associate
I remember getting 4 players injured for over 30 weeks each with the longest being 52 weeks! Slow defenders catching up fast players is just something i have come to expect now. If they never then i think buying Martins and Owen would pretty much mean a win every game.

The refs are completely nuts. I'll give and get penalties for nothing. I'll cross a ball in the box and get a penalty. The replay shows 2 players tangling way past the back post when the cross was to the near post.

I usually find a lot of bias in the league itself. For me there was always 2 or 3 games a season where i would concede first and no matter what i could never get a goal back.

No matter how many points you have, there will always be 1 team who is very close to you in the master league. For the past 3 seasons i have won all 30 games, but every season Chelsea win every game as well except the two i played them in. Then i tried a small experiment where i lost my 1st 7 games (purposely :p) and then went on a win streak and the leaders (i think Chelsea) suddenly dropped a load of points allowing me to catch up.

I think there is something in the game that always makes it challenging and basically means every game matters somewhat.

Only problem now is that Pro Evo 6 is out, the whole gameplay style is changed. For me it is anyway :(

Viks

Associate
OP
I used to play a 5 star master league with a friend (2 controllers on the same team) and we had a rule that we'd try to score 2 goals then only were allowed to do long shots as it did seem that if you won by too much the computer would cheat and make passes inaccurate and your players slower and worse at marking. Seemed to work.
I'm only on 15 min matches so seems weird that they get injured. I don't really play for fouls but the players get injured when they've turned a player and are trying to sprint off and the defender clips their heels with a normal tackle and they fall like a sack of poo. Really fustrating! Also they put in some hideous tackles like when I've just passed the ball and they slide in and floor my player. My guy goes off with a red cross and they get a small telling off, no card :mad:

Associate
OP
OK, this is getting silly, I'm just about to start the WEFA league stage (about 12 weeks in) and I have 15 guys on yellow cross and 7 on red cross. That's a fullteam including subs I have injured! In fact, I checked and I have twice as many injuries as the rest of the league PUT TOGETHER! Insane! I seriously hope Pro Evo 6 has sorted out this nonesense otherwise I might have to jump ship back to FIFA :eek: Haven't played that since the glory days of FIFA 99

Associate
If you edit a teams stats and make all your players 99 and max height you will see how much the computer really cheats in pro evo 5, they run faster, there passing is better, they will out jump you out head you, everything..

The ref is seriously harsh in this game, and sometimes doesnt even know the rules..

Back
Top Bottom