• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pro gaming PC?

Associate
To be fair, that is specced with a 2TB solid state drive, replacing with a 500gb SSD knocks the price down considerably. Add in the cost of windows (~£110) and its quite a bit less than £1200, somwhere around the £830 mark, and you could take a lower power psu. However, most folks here, one could argue, would be doing their own builds anyway.

Soldato
The name is a bit funny given how it can vary wildly depending on configuration. More concerning is the default choice of an expensive 2TB SSD (accompanied by very budget CPU and GPU) and default choice of expensive 850W Gold PSU with all the other PSU options as minimum 850 Gold? It looks as if it's been specced based on biggest profit margins for components or something.

Soldato
Well in the description it says "SLI/Crossfire gaming PC" so the idea is that you have 2 GPUs, hense the expensive PSU. Although I don't associate the RGB lighting with a pro user. I probably would have liked RGB when I was about 14.

Soldato
Well in the description it says "SLI/Crossfire gaming PC" so the idea is that you have 2 GPUs, hense the expensive PSU. Although I don't associate the RGB lighting with a pro user. I probably would have liked RGB when I was about 14.

The thing is GTX 1050 doesn't work in SLI. Nor would you need an 850W for two of those, even if it did. So it's pretty messed up.

Caporegime
1200 for that could build a lot faster system with cards like a 1070 or 1070ti in. also there is no point in anything other mid range than a 570 or 580 and sell the games you get with them for 45 quid.

Back
Top Bottom