• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Problem with 1080ti founders edition.

Soldato
I got a 1080ti founders edition, a triple monitor setup + VR so I need 4 ports, but I'm having a problem.
The card has 3 DP ports and 1 hdmi port
the hdmi port works ok
and both DP on each side of the hdmi port work ok
but the DisplayPort (closer to the motherboard) was not working with any of my monitors or cables, so I ordered a new cable just to make sure my cable V1.2+ but still didn't work.

So now it is where it gets weird, I decided to try using a DP to HDMI adapter just for the sake of it and it worked, tried another adapter DP to DVI and it also worked, so the DP port is not working with DP cables but works OK with a DP to HDMI adapter.

I'm using 3x Dell U2414H monitors and a Lenovo Explorer VR

What I did so far:
*tried using 1 port at time
*already tested 5 cables
*already tried 3 nvidia drivers
*already tried the DP nvidia firmware update, but my card is up to date already

Anyone using 1080ti founders and all 3 displayports?
Any idea if my card if faulty?

This is the port in question:
LowZIv4.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Is that port working ok when you have only 1 display attached to it? It may be a limitation from the card itself, not properly supporting all 4 displays at the same time. For instance, on older AMD cards you need to have a display port to DVI active adaptor if you wanted 3 displays working or more.

Also, since it's working from Display Port to HDMI, why not leaving it on the HDMI connection of the display?

Soldato
OP
I tried all ports with one monitor only and that port doesn't work if you use a DP to DP cable, It only works if you use a DP to HDMI adapter.

What I'm starting to think is that one or more of the 20pins that a DP needs is not working, but the ones that HDMI port uses are ok.

Associate
Not that it’s much help but just for reference I had a similar setup off my old 1080. 3 monitors in NVIDIA surround on dp and a Vive on hdmi. All worked fine.

Soldato
OP
Not that it’s much help but just for reference I had a similar setup off my old 1080. 3 monitors in NVIDIA surround on dp and a Vive on hdmi. All worked fine.

that actually helps, because at least I know it should work, if it is not working probably the card if faulty.

Back
Top Bottom